Chapter 16: Memory Canvas

While our instructor aka the principal is discussing in front my mind is wondering around.

Of all the people why does everyone that I am avoiding to encounter are the ones who I'm stuck with the whole year? Does Kami hate me that much? My mind was interrupted by a faint vibration under my desk. I grab the rectangular gadget that been making the fuzz and swipe it open.

[Incoming call from Clairpuddinprincess🍮]

Great. Now what does she want this time?

I turn on my Bluetooth and used it to answer her.

[Clairpuddinprincess🍮: What'cha doin~?]

'Why is her voice shaky?'

[††Savagemperor††: dying out of boredom. you?]

[Clairpuddinprincess🍮: *faint giggle*Same *sobs* *sniffs*]

[††Savagemperor††: *sighs* what's wrong?]

[Clairpuddinprincess🍮: oh nothing *sniffs* just..hcc.. I'm okay.]

[††Savagemperor††: I'm on my way. Don't turn off your phone.]

And with that I rush outside ignoring the angry principal and open my phone to track Clair. She was in the rooftop. I sprint my way up the building not caring who ever I bumped with along the way and the two men in suit I pushed aside from the stairs. Kicking the small metal door -okay so I might have wreaked it- with a ragged breath I found Clair sitting in a corner of a concrete wall curling into a ball with stain of tears in her cheeks, red nose and a puffy eyes clutching on her phone while crying uncontrollably having another anxiety attack.

"Ia—?" I cut her off by hugging her and bury her head on the side of my neck. She's cold.

She was hyperventilating.

"Ian*sobs* i-it hurts." Her voice shows agony, fear and distress with eyes pleading for help making a frantic expression.

Behind the cheerful and bubbly personality Clair is also very sensitive emotionally and seeing her in her weakest form is a torment for me. Whenever she cries she sounded like a distressed dying whale having a diarrhea wailing in sunken mode. Even though she is a year older than me she has always been the crybaby in the troup. She easily gets emotional although she is a strong girl who can defend herself and can kick asses in one blow she also get stressed out easily.

"I got you." I pat her back and rock her slowly to calm down. Damn she is sweating a lot.

I held both of the side of her head and tilted it down a bit so that our foreheads touch and snap my fingers for her to look at me in the eyes.

"It will be okay." And with that she stopped from crying and gently nod.

"T-thanks.. Ian..." Her voice came out a bit raspy and hoarse from crying but aside from that at least she calmed down.

We stay like this for a while until her breathing is even and heartbeat turn back to normal.

"What happened?" I then sat besides her and lean my back at the concrete wall.

"W-well... I got mad... a-about those detectives who won't stop from interrogating me... t-then accusedmefor something I di-didn't e..ven do.. And that bitch Bianchi! She, she keeps on picking fights with me! t-that's why I always get in detention stealing the time I should be spendingwithyouand our friends! A-and—" I cut her off not wanting to hear another excuse. I know she is hidding something but right now is not the time to confront her. I might just trigger another panic attack. This might be troublesome but not as troublesome of dealing with a sad potato especially when that potato is Kaede Clair.