Epilogue

Two years had passed since Dabi was bleeding out in the forest and I was playing discount Bear Grylls. It would be a lie to say that life was perfect since then and that we lived a storybook life. I mean I guess we kinda do in the sense of looks. We fled to Germany where heros and villains don't matter so much. Despite things not being as excitable or involved as Japan, we still live in a secluded cottage in the woods. 

Dabi and I still disagree a lot but we've gotten a lot better at compromising. It's hard to imagine who we were before. If it weren't for our scars to remind us I could almost forget. I've moved on from my vengeance and instead have dedicated a garden to my sister's memory. It's hard but life goes on and I know now that she'd want better for me. 

It was hard for Dabi to come to terms with yet another injury. It took months of soothing and reassurance for him to trust that I still loved him despite his "appearance" as he said. All in all, things are calm now, no more villany just peace, calmness, and the occasional blue bonfire. 

A/N

Thanks so much for reading, I've never written an epilogue before so it's pretty bad but I just wanted to tie up all the loose ends. I'm sorry I ended this so short and abruptly but due to personal issues in my real life it's become extremely hard to commit to writing. I'm super thankful for all the support this story got and I hope that you all enjoyed! <3