one year later

*SET WHEN HE WENT TO ALOLA*

After one year apon arriving in alola

Ash was sitting in the pokemon school waiting for professor kukui to arrive, he had captured lots of new pokemon including rowlet, litten, mimikiu, lyconrock (dusk form) , a magikarp and a shiny feebas, belbeum, aloan sandshrew, a dratini witch he rescued from an abusive trainer, Stufful, Zoura and an aloan vulpix (two vulpix's hatched out of the egg lilie was taking care of, since is only wanted one she gave the other to ash). Some of ash's previous pokemon evolved such as Gibble evolved into a Garchomp, Axew evolved into Haxorus, Scraggy into Scrafty, Mudkip in Swampert, Larvatair into Tryanitar, Piplup in Empoleon, Riolu into Lucario, Pansage into SImisage, Bayleef into Meganium, Skitty into Delcatty, Psyduck into Golduck, Chespin into Chesnaught, and Braxin into Delphox. He had completed three grand trials and was training for the next one, he also reuntied with lapras. The eggs he had looked after hatched into Eevees, which all evolved he had, Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon. He had managed to discover a new eeveelution by accident, one of his Eevees touched a dragon scale and evolved which he had called it scaleceon because it was covered in scales like dragon types. He still had one evvee waiting to evolve, but he was in no rush and niether was the eevee. Flareon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Sylveon and Leafeon were shinies. Maginum and mallow's Tsarenna had gotten together and had an egg which ash gave to mallow as he had plenty of eggs and whatever hatched out would help her families restraunt. He had found zoura as an abonded egg and it hatched, so zoura thought of ash as his father, so he adopted it, he also found another egg, but gave it to lillie to help her overcome her fear of pokemon. The egg hatched to a Bagon which was a surpirise to everyone as they were rare pokemon. Ash also managed to catch necrozma, which he caught as an Poipole, but when he was going to release it, Poipole wanted to stay with him, which he accepted. He also caught solgelo, but it roamed free if he ever needed it's help he just had to blow on the special whistle he had, solgelo also wanted the traitors to pay, because they hurt his dad.

Suddenly the professor came running in "A...A..alola e...ev..everyone" he said out of breath

"Alola" everyone replied "professor, why are you late?" Kiawe asked the question on everyone's minds
"oh, I have good news, in celebration of pokemon schools 20th anniversery, our class has been selected to go on a special trip to kanto with the principle"

Ash stopped listening as soon as he heard the word "kanto", "is it too soon for me to prove myself?" he thought to himself.

"Ash? Ash? ASH!" kiawie yelled breaking him out of his thoughts "aren't you excited to be going back to your home town?"

"Not really" ash replied

"why not?" Mallow asked

"Just some bad stuff happened to me there"

"Please tell us" lillie asked

"I don't-"

"Ash we want to help you, and understand why you don't want to go back" kiawie interupted

"alright...I had just come back after the karlos legue, I didn't win, I came second in the semi-final round. I was happy. It was the closest I had ever come to winning, to was a close match too." he said smiling, "I came back to pallet town to drop off my pokemon" ash continuted, "I stopped by my house, only to find my friends, old rivals, my mum and professor oak waiting for me" he said frowning. "I was shocked at what they said, that I should give up my dream because I've travelled through 6 diffrent regions and entered all the legues and haven't won any of them. They gave up on me and they said my pokemon felt the same way. I ran back to the professor's lab only to find out it was true, and not only that my partner pikachu the first pokemon I got, my best friend, the one that's travelled with me for so long had sided with them. The only pokemon that still believed in me were my Gibble, Donphan, Scraggy, Sceptile, Bayleef, Charazaid, Pidgeot and Greninja, I was happy, but even happier when I was some of my 'friends' pokemon run up and destroyed their pokeballs, showing that they wanted to help me. Taking them I boarded a shipheading here and promised myself that I was going to prove them wrong." ash finished looking down.