On Stage

I reach my hands in the darkness, trying to find my way like a blind man. My head feeling a bit dizzy and I just woke up. How did I get here? Where exactly is here??

Walking in the dark felt nauseating.

I came to a stop as I heard deaf murmuring voices from somewhere.

Suddenly, the wall in front of me rises revealing countless eyes staring back at me from the shades of darkness.

Blinding spotlight shine on me, shooting the darkness away and I find myself on a stage with the curtains up. The very center of attention.

Still in confusion I tried to block the spotlight with my hands, but I got even more shocked and confused as I see my hands are now green and scaly, clearly just make-up and plastic claws at each end of my fingertips.

I thought to myself.. seemingly remembering something... the last thing I can recall is..

Back in the classroom.

We had a discussion about the school play... I volunteered as a backstage support, and... and... I fell asleep!!

Wait they didn't put make up and throw me on the stage did they!??
My classmates aren't that cruel right?
Maybe I just have amnesia...

While I was still frozen on the stage, trying to figure out what happen. A familiar voice came from the surrounding speaker.

"And behold the monster that guards the Princess, a beast that have slain countless knights and warriors! Jeorga!!"

I looked behind me and saw our class representative, known as the evil schemer that can force even the teachers to her will, Arya the Chess Queen (or so we called her)

She was holding a book, a script that she wrote and forced everyone in class to read.

She looks at me with a cute smile, then breaks a pen with just gripping it in her fist, signaling to ME.

(George, if you don't play along and act like a monster I'm gonna make everyone in class treat you like a monster till we graduate. So do your best♡)

I gulped at the scene I saw...
my stomach was feeling sick...
but my precious school life is on the line here!! I have to calm down.
I take a deeeeep breath and tell myself

Relax.. as evil as she is the Queen won't make a foolish decision, she probably knows how good I am at improvising. Heck, I once fooled a teacher after getting caught skipping class and he apologized!!
I even fooled the Queen once- wait...
is this a revenge?

My thought was cut off by Arya's voice, she was clearing her throat a little too hard for my comfort.

Like a pro-actor I changed my thoughts and movement from a normal delinquent high school boy into the monster that I am.

So I "ROOOAAAAARRRRHHH!!"
and the gave a menacing look to the crowds,
"None shall pass!! None shall lay their hands on the Princess!!"

The crowd gave an applaud for my performance.

Yess, now I just need to remember the script... uhh a hero come and kill the monster, ohh this is the last chapter! Thank goodness my torment is short

Following my expectations, footsteps
can be heard coming closer. As I turn around to face the gallant hero, I was surprised and almost burst out laughing when I saw it was my best friend Malik all dressed like a Prince, red long robe shiny armor and a sword.