An act of Injustice (second entry)

This is how I wrote the story :

An act of Injustice

This was never something that I'd ever imagined ever doing. But for my child I'd do anything.

"Get back to your room Harold" I told my 17 year-old son while I was pointing a gun at an officer of the law.

Harold was still standing there as witnessing my action.

Then I said, "Go, pretend that you were sleeping and feign ignorance about everything that just happen. I'll handle everything from here" I gave him a reassuring smile.

Then he slowly step back to his room with tears in his eyes.
 "I'm sorry Dad, I'm so sorry"

"Don't worry son, this is the right thing to do"

With that he closed the door to his room.
At the same time I aimed the gun at the police officer.
"I'm sorry" I said. "I can't let you live"

Police sirens could be heard just outside our house as I pulled the trigger. 

BANG!!

It was done. I have killed the police officer, now everything is gonna be alright.

A few hours earlier...

It was getting late. As usual I was working till late night. I'm a locksmith, so fixing, opening, and making locks was my job. My shop also does key duplicating that I let my teenage son handle. But it was getting really late and he hasn't come home.

Then just as I was about to give him a call I heard the front door open.

"Hi dad, sorry I was late. I had to wait for the customer" Harold said while seemingly out of breath and carrying his school bag.

I smiled and said "Well that sure took a while what was the Richards doing?"

"They were... Oh yeah they were going out for dinner at some fancy restaurant, you know rich people stuff"

"Dinner? Didn't you go there at noon?"

"Uhh.. Oh! They probably had an early reservation, yeah that must be it"

"Well whatever, go take a bath. You have school tomorrow"

Then he obediently go.

After a bath he told me I should go easy on my work and get some sleep. Harold has always been a good kid, ever since his mother passed away we only had each other.

Listening to his advice I went to bed.

Suddenly I was woken up by a knock on the door. Looking at the time it was pass midnight. I walk down stairs to the front door.

Opening the door revealed two police officers. I didn't expect much, probably just a routine check.

"Mr Miller, I'm officer Duke and this is officer William. We're sorry to disturb you this late at night but we need to check around your house sir, so if you may step aside"

Before I could say anything this there was a loud thud then a crash upstairs, it was Harold's room.

Officer William immediately gets in, shoving me aside, Officer Duke then puts his hand on my chest and said,

"We need you to stay here sir while my partner checks that out"

I stand there while watching his partner go up the stairs holding his gun in his holster. Iwas getting a really bad feeling.

Then I tried to ensure Officer Duke, "Please, its just my son, he's seventeen. He probably fell down his bed or something"

Before I could continue suddenly there was a scream fron upstairs. It was from Officer William.

"HOLD! Drop your weapon!"

I was shocked and started to panic, just as I was about to run upstairs the the other officer pinned me to the wall
"Sir I need you to calm down, -"

BANG! He was cut off by a gunshot upstairs.

He then rushed upstairs armed with his gun.

I was following behind.

Then we saw Officer William motionless less body lying on the floor, and Harold was in front of it holding a gun with tears in his eyes and clearly shaken.

Officer Duke immediately take aim, but before he could pull the trigger I smashed a potted plat on his head knocking him unconscious.

Then I walk slowly towards my son.
Talking to him as soft as I can
"It's okay don't worry, put the gun down Harold"

He slowly lower his weapon. Then as came closer I grabbed the gun and hugged him. "It's okay don't worry" I repeat myself.

He was crying and breathing heavily.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I didn't meant to kill him" he started to apologize.

Then I sat him down, "Its okay, you're gonna be alright" I hold his head tightly "Now tell me what happened"

He then told me how he kept an extra keys to the Richards resident, and he was late because he waited for them to leave the house. He grabbed some cash and in the thrill of it grabbed the gun that was kept along with it.

After he was done explaining I immediately knew what I needed to do. What was the right thing for his father to do.

I took the cash from Harold's room and put it in mine.
I hold the gun and started walking towards the unconscious police officer,
as I walked pass the dead body I said to my son

"You didn't know anything about what you just told me okay? Everything that happened here was done by ME"

He silently shook his head in disagreement.

"I can't let you go to prison son, there's too many bad people in there. Now go into your room, Daddy got this.
Go back to your room Harold"

Then he finally nodded.

"Go, pretend that you were sleeping and feign ignorance about everything that just happen. I'll handle everything from here"

He then apologize again.

"I'm sorry Dad, I'm so sorry"

"Don't worry son, this is the right thing to do"

With that he closed the door to his room.
At the same time I aimed the gun at the police officer.
"I'm sorry" I said. "I can't let you live"

Police sirens could be heard just outside our house as I pulled the trigger. 

BANG!!