Daniel Sloss is a Genius

You must be thinking that "Daniel Sloss isn't a genius. He's a comedian."

I think he's a genius because he presented this amazing analogy of our life being a jigsaw.

Here's an excerpt of what he said:

We have romanticized the idea of romance and it is cancerous.

 And when you raise children in that world where everything points towards love and everything's perfect on the outside, when we become an adult for the first time in our late teens and our early 20s, we're so terrified. 

We're so trying to be an adult that some of us will take the wrong person, the wrong jigsaw piece, and just fucking jam them into our jigsaw anyway, denying that they clearly don't fit. Saying to ourselves that, I'm gonna force this fucking person into our lives because we'd much rather have something than nothing. 

People are more in love with the idea of love than the person they are with. 

There's nothing wrong with being selfish for a bit because you've got the rest of your life to be selfless. 

If you only love yourself at 20%, that means somebody can come along and love you 30% and you're like, "wow, that's so much!". 

It's literally less than half. 

Whereas, if you love yourself 100%, a person that falls in love with you has to go above and beyond the call of duty to make you feel special. 

55% of marriages end in divorce. 90. Nine Zero Percent of relationships that started before the age 30 end. If those were the stats for surgery, none of us would fucking risk it. But because it's love and we're stupid, we just lie on the operating table like, "Maybe this time, I won't die inside." 

There's nothing wrong with being alone. There's nothing wrong with taking time for yourself to work out who you are. Because how can you offer who you are if you don't know who you are? 

 Because how can you offer who you are if you don't know who you are? 

What was your favorite part?

SPEAK OUT, tell us what bothers you

SPEAK OUT, tell a beautiful story you want to share.

SPEAK OUT,share your favorite memory.

SPEAK OUT, rant it all out.

Do comment.

Some vents commented here will be published in the next chapter, with a tag to you. Meet others who are like you/have gone through what you have gone through.

Hope you liked it. Vote, if you did.

To a better me and a better you,

VegasGirl444💖