Happy Pride Month!!

Happy Pride Month y'all!!!

In honour of this month I would like to proudly say that I am bisexual!

It took me a while to figure out. It started kind of back in 7th grade when I was really confused about my feelings. But now, in high school, because it's been a few years and I've become more educated and I've learned quite a few things, I can know who I am.

I use the term 'bisexual' to simply label myself. But as we all know, LGBT(Q) is a spectrum. And you don't always need to label yourself. In reality, I just know that I like both guys and girls. But bisexuality is what I resonate most with. Using labels can help people understand things since our society likes to do that to everything. But don't feel the need to label yourself. Especially if you're still figuring things out. If you DO want to label yourself, that's cool too! Whatever makes you comfortable and safe.

Remember to be proud of yourself not only this month, but for the rest of your life! And only come out to someone if you know you're going to be safe. Don't risk your safety. Yes, there's a defiance to it, but if you're under 18 it could be really dangerous for you. Take refuge with people you can trust!

But have fun! Go to a parade if you can! Support LGBTQ+ creators! Make puns! Have pride!

Happy Pride everyone! Bi bi! 💗💜💙

(June 2019)