hour 1.

16:00.

I walked up the concrete steps to the grey, manufactured building. A breeze of empty silence rushed through the cold entrance room as the automatic doors opened at my presence. The stiletto heels rubbing at the back of my ankle tapped on the stone floor as I approached the reception desk.

Surprisingly, a woman with honey blonde hair, fake tits and blue eyes popped round the door behind the desk, adjusting her glasses as she did so.

"Name?" she smiled.

"Uhm Jennifer Noble. I'm here to see Mr. Hemmings." I replied.

"Ah yes... Jennifer" The lady mumbled as she tapped something into her computer with her manicured nails. "Take a seat and he should be ready soon." She overly smiled again.

As I sat down on the black plastic chairs in the reception area the nerves started to kick in. This was my second job interview and honestly I had no clue what to say or do so I guess I may as well just get up and walk back through those doors. It wouldn't make much difference.

A man sat opposite me shot a stern glance down his nose in my direction but automatically returning to his phone a few moments after. Why does everybody in the business world have to act so upper class and fake? It's fucked up.

After a dragged out 45 minutes later, a shrill ring from the reception phone ended the awkward silence making me jump.

"Yes Sir." The blonde giggled flirtatiously. "I'll send her up now sir"

Without being told I rose from the chair.

"Floor 7, room 1b Miss Noble"

The Venus fly trap elevator doors opened on cue as I pressed the open button.

The doors closed.

"Fuck" I muttered under my breath.

I'd been looking for a job since I left uni two months ago and the time and money spent getting that degree was worthless. Proof is I now have no job and I'm still living with my parents.

My last job interview was for a clothing branch IT apprenticeship. Yet again my anxiety got the better of me and I didn't even get through the doors of the appointment location. But I was determined that however much I just want to run out of this horrible building and cry that I would stay because it's probably my only attempt of a job and a life.

The elevator pinged and I stepped out looking left and right down the never ending corridor. A huge, rectangle window opposite overlooked the vast city of London. Beautiful but ugly. Taking a deep breath I looked for room 1b where I should find Mr Hemmings.