Chapter 2: School

It's freaking Monday! Of course I just had to oversleep. When I walked in during prayer assembly my entire class stared at me making faces. In eighth grade aren't you supposed to act mature and not like immature, stuck up, and spoiled bratts. Anyway I noticed Nix staring and smiling at me. I tried to attempt that I didn't notice, but that didn't really work out. For the rest of the day Nix, constantly asked me simple things he had already knew. That, that right there made me feel confident. I tried to tell my so called friends during recess, but they told me he does it to every girl. I just don't get it why do they always have to bring me down?

In aftercare Owen, my true guy friend in 7th grade, told me he's not good enough for me. I mean I appreciated the pep talk, but I needed to figure it out myself. He asked to play on phone, so I gave it to him out of generosity. Before I could ask him anything else he left, leaving my phone on the desk. When I checked my history it said he was on my contacts. What did he want with my contacts? As I scroll down I see in big bold letters OWEN with multiple emojis. I was actually glad he gave me his number so I can discuss this Nix situation. Immediately, I just had to tell my Chica about what happened. She states that Nix does like me. I asked her about her and Tommy and she rapidly tells me everything about their kiss, her first kiss. Of course I was jealous of her because she already had boyfriends and her first kiss, and I didn't even ask not be asked out. I just had to put on my brave voice throughout the rest of the conversation.