Chapter 1 - Mystery Man

Grey. What I was looking at was completely and totally grey. Bleak, boring, flat. Grey. 

I stared at my reflection. My brown hair was greasy and flat on one side from falling asleep on my work. And look at those eyes. Once blue, now grey much like my mood. I needed a vacation.

"I can't fix this in five minutes," I whispered to myself, grabbing some concealer to help the deep purple circles currently residing under my eyes. It was a late night preparing client deliverables allowing me a whopping two hours of sleep. Would I ever wake up in time for these meetings?

Lightly dabbing my finger against my face, I quickly swiped away some sleep from the other eye.  

"Today, you look 27," I sighed at my reflection, half of my face somewhat alive now or so it appeared to be. Oh the things makeup could accomplish.

After finishing, I applied my normal shade of red and ran into my closet to grab a dress. Luckily, I worked for an agency that believed in representing your own style.

Tying the red polka dot wrap dress, I grabbed a pair of brown booties and my purse and ran out, awkwardly zipping up the booties as I struggled for the door to open. 

"Oomph," I was ripped back into the door, falling backward onto my bum. "Damn purse strap."

I scrambled into an upright position and shut the door to my Nashville studio apartment.

.............

"Andie! Andie, hold the elevator!" 

I sighed. Midnight blue. Out of kindness for the poor soul, I quickly pressed the button to open the elevator doors. 

Liam did a leap into the elevator, some papers slipping from his hands when he landed.

"Oops!" he bent down to collect his own set of deliverables. Fine, maybe pink. Looks like it was a late night for all of us. When he stood, his blue eyes found mine, but only after he took notice of my outfit choice.

"You're wearing that today?" he grimaced.

Slightly red.

My eyebrow raised. "As opposed to your robin egg blue shirt and slacks? Who died and made you Wallstreet?"

"Easy," he raised his free hand.

Blue, find blue.

"Sorry," I ran a hand through my hair. Crap, did I even brush it this morning? As I racked my memory for any sign of a hair brush in hand, the elevator dinged.

12th floor. Liam and I glanced at each other, silently wishing each other good luck. We stepped off in unison, instantly striding in opposite directions.

I slid my work onto my desk and made my way to the kitchen.

"Ugh, I smell heaven in a cup," I smiled. Beth turned around, her "Y'all need Jesus" mug in hand. She smirked, leaning against the counter seemingly guarding the coffee pot.

"Brown?" she asked.

I smirked, "Yellow."

She shook her head.

"Please don't comment on my outfit," I groaned and opened the cabinet to grab my mug.

"You're lucky you're not from here," she quietly took a sip. "If I wore that on a day like this, I would be fired."

I shot her a look. She poured the coffee for me and slid me the creamer.

"You know that's not true, Mark said we could wear whatever represents us best."