Chapter 05 (M)

WARNING: EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT IN THIS CHAPTER!

› › ›

You didn't have time to scream, a hand wrapping around your wrist and yanking you back. You knew it was Jungkook immediately, the familiar sparks tingling your skin, and pink tinging the darkness surrounding you. You bumped into his chest and he pulled the two of you backwards, but you tripped and fell back completely. He twisted the two of you as you fell, making sure he hit the ground first, and he groaned from under you.

His eyes opened and peered past your shoulder, and before you knew it Jungkook had rolled the two of you over so you were underneath him, his body pressing down into yours. You looked past his shoulder as a huge mass jumped over the two of you, your eyes wide and trying to keep it in sight when it landed a few feet away from your head. You could hear it scurrying away, its paws hitting the ground faintly.

You looked back down at the same time that Jungkook did, your eyes meeting. Your breath hitched at his hooded gaze, his forearms resting on the ground beside you to hold himself up so as to not completely crush you. Your stomach felt tight and the pink was already fading from your vision, heat pooling between your thighs. You bit your lip and Jungkook's eyes darted down at the movement, gaze focused on your lips. You could see him clenching his jaw and he swallowed. He moved his hand toward your face, brushing his thumb gently across your cheek. Your eyes were wide, the tingling feeling from his skin on yours left your body trembling and your throat constricting. Your heart was pounding furiously against your ribs and you were positive that he could hear it.

"Are you guys going to stay like that all night?" Joy's voice chirped from somewhere above you.

Jungkook stood up immediately, making sure not to touch you anymore, even accidentally. You got up as well, though much more slowly, and heat spread from your neck up to your cheeks. Joy was trying—and failing—to hide her smile as she watched the two of you fidgeting. The three of you made your way into the house again and you cleared your throat as Joy shut the back door.

"I, um—I should be getting home now," you told them. Joy nodded her head and waved at you.

Jungkook stepped forward and followed you to the front door. "I'll take you home," he offered.

You bit your lip and lowered your head, not wanting to meet his gaze. "No, it's fine," you assured him. "You don't have to do that, I'll be fine."

Jungkook caught your arm and the sparks shot up through your veins, making you yank your arm away from him, wide eyes trained on his own. He held his hands up in surrender and you tried to calm your racing heart. "Let me come with you." When you didn't immediately agree, he shifted from foot to foot awkwardly. "It might not be safe out right now," he explained. "I just want to make sure you get back safe."

You sighed and crossed your arms over your chest. "Fine. You can come."

You turned and opened the door, completely not focusing on his hand when he held the door open from behind you immediately, instead hurrying toward your car and getting into the driver's side. You waited only a few seconds, barely having shut your own door before he was opening the passenger side and getting in the car, fastening his seatbelt. You held back the urge to make a comment about it, instead turning the car on and locking the doors.

Reversing onto the road, you let the two of you sit in silence. Jungkook didn't attempt to make conversation, so you didn't either. You peeked up at the night sky, the stars shining bright, and you decided to make a detour.

You glanced at Jungkook briefly. "I want to watch the stars," you mumbled quietly to him. "You can go if you want."

He didn't respond.