Chapter 3: Persona 2

Lian pushed open the door with playful smirk all over her face.

The door opened into a walk-in closet.

Shelves made of wood and glass line side by side; both on their right and left side.

Clothes incased in them, some hanged according to color while some neatly folded to each other.

At the far side before them, a towering wooden shelf of shoes covered the entire wall but before that a cushioned sofa and a fitting stool stood.

Not far away from the sofa, stood a series of tall vanity mirrors, circled together.

Lian walks through the room nonchalantly, while Sook Hee's jaw almost dropped to the floor.

Hideko on the other side didn't like what was happening. She didn't like it when Sook Hee admires someone other than her.

She stares intently at Lian's silhouette and wondered what this girl is up to.

Lian turn to her left and they saw a small staircase going down.

They descend upon it and came to a bathroom, not a normal one.

It's as large as the room full of garments that they passed by earlier.

Instead of a small bathtub, a huge granite tub graced the center of the room.

It looks like a small hot spring pond, steam escaping non-stop at its surface, filling the room with mist.

Surrounded by scented candles, the place really feels like a dream.

But Lian stood there alarmed.

"Headmistress Seo, what's this?'' Lian said motioning to the commotion before her.

In one corner, Headmistress Seo immerges holding a flask of scented oil.

Maids with towels and baskets of sorts came out with her.

"We're almost done, Miss-"

"It's too late for a soak. I said I'll just wash up, not have spa or something!'' Lian said annoyance very evident in her voice. "Just a bucket or two, not the whole reservoir!'

The maids all around them trembled at her words.

Lian noticed and relaxed her instance.

''I appreciated what all of you have done, but Headmistress Seo, It's too much! Just a soap and nice water will suffice. Don't need to wake up the whole household! Didn't I say that all of you should be resting by now? If all of you don't get what I mean, then fine I'll say it.''

Lian continues to rant letting out her annoyance in one go.

''I. Want. All.Of.You.To. Get. Out. Of. My. Sight. N-O-W.''

Lian said emphasizing every word as she looks from one person to another.

'We understood Miss. But your dinner is still on the kitchen-'

Headmistress tried to reason out but Lian cut her off again.

''Just leave it there.''

Lian said impatiently. With a nod, the Headmistress motioned the maids to get out, they all hurries away in an instant, bringing the stuffs on their hands; already forgotten to return the objects on their proper places.

Lian stood still in her spot until everyone goes out. Her shoulders dropped instantly when the last maid exited herself, looking dead tired than ever.

Sook Hee whispered to Hideko.

''Is she mad at them or something?"

Sook Hee's Words never escaped Lian's ears; she turned around and looks at them, her eyes unwavering, as she pronounced every word.