CH-25- So far away

JUNGKOOK'S POV

6 Months later:

Six months. Six months since she's gone to her sleep.

One year. One year since we met.

Ten months. Ten months since she found out that she is my mate.

These six months has been hell. I don't remember the last time I had a good sleep or a good meal. Hale barely shows up. He's muted. And now I am afraid that I will loose him as well.

I sat next to her bed.

"Hey. How are you?"

Silence

"It's our one year. We made it really long."

Silence.

"Hale misses you. I miss you. When will you return?"

Silence

"Hey wake up! Let's go home. BTS misses you a lot. Mark and Mina are so lonely without you."

Silence.

Silence was all that he got. The silence was so loud that it seemed to be screaming in his ears. Only the beeping sound of the monitor told him that the love of his life was alive.

His lips had a smile. He was seeing her. Even in the bed, wrapped around bandages, she managed to look beautiful.

His eyes had tears. No matter how near she was to him. Her was far away from him.

He often wondered if Minji was doing well. If she had eaten. But then he realized that she wasn't there.

After spending a few hours with her, Namjoon hyung, Jin hyung and Hoseok hyung came.

"Jungkook you need some rest. Go home and take a nap. We'll be here." Namjoon hyung said.

"Yeah we're here. You should go." Hoseok hyung said. The once sunshine of the group looked so gloomy. Jin hyung patted my back and gave me a small smile.

I just nodded and walked out of the room, not before giving her a last look.

_____

I walked in and the hose seemed empty. Jimin and Taehyung were in the woods. They couldn't bear to stay with her for more than thirty minutes.

Taehyung's eyes alawys watered at her sight. Jimin was terrified. He would walk in with a poker face and walk out with tears in his eyes.

I walked to my room and lay down.

Hale?

No answer.

Hale you there?

No answer.

Hale please come back. I need you.

My chest felt heavy. I felt so empty. I tossed and turned in my bed when I felt a little warmth inside me.

Hale...

Jungkook. What will happen when she wakes up?

I don't know....

Will she love me like she used to?

Yes. She will.

What if she forgets us?

NO! She won't! She can't!

But Jungkook.....

I got up and stomped out of my room. Not knowing where to go, I went to the library.

As I walked in I thought of Minji's reaction when she first saw it. She was so happy....

"Jungkook?"

I saw Yoongi hyung sitting with a book in his hand.

"Hey hyung."

"Read something. It will calm your mind." He said.

I saw that the hidden shelf was open. "Mates". This book caught my attention. I took that book and sat opposite to hyung.

We read in silence. I couldn't find anything interesting to read. Then I saw 'How to break the connection'.

"Breaking this god-made connection is not easy. Especially if you are mated with a human. The wolf needs to stay away from her. If she doesn't see for long long time, then she is supposed to forget about him. This process is claimed to be very for the wolf. It can also cause pain to the human." I read.

Really? She can forget me? Won't this be the best way? She will be fine. She will be safe. She will be loved.

And you?

I am a coward. Can't even save my mate.

I felt Hale whimper.

"Jungkook!" Yoongi hyung yelled. "I have been calling you for a long time. Don't scare me like this."

I looked up.

"Hyung..." I got up from my seat and hugged him. I broke into tears.

He just silently patted my back. "It's ok. She will wake if not today. Then tomorrow. Remember that Moon goddess is watching." He said softly.

"No hyung.... I don't think I will be able to be with her." I said.
"What?!"
"It is the best for her. She'll forget me soon."
"Are you crazy? Do you know how painful it is? No Jungkook. Don't suffer. Don't make her suffer."
"I already made her suffer hyung. She is already suffering cause of me."
"Don't blame yourself!"
"I hope she forgets me. Bangtan."
"Ok then. Do as you please. But Jungkook, breaking a bond never does good to anyone."
"But it will do good to her."

Just then my phone rang. It was Jin.

"JUNGKOOK HOSPITAL NOW!!!" He screamed as soon as I picked up.

"She's awake.... right?" I said.
A part of me was happy. Another part of me was afraid that I won't be able to face her.

"YES BE HERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE." The phone was hung up.

Yoongi hyung had overheard the conversation and was taking out his car. Within minutes we were driving to the hospital.

As soon as the car stopped we rushed to her room. Jin hyung, Hoseok hyung, Namjoon hyung, Taehyung hyung and Jimin hyung was there.

"Minjiiiiiiiii I missed you so much..." Jin hyung screamed in his high pitched voice.

"OMYGODOMYGOD YOU AND FINALLY AWAKE!!!" Jimin hyung danced around.

The alpha was beaming with happiness.
Taehyung hyung was holding her hand with a large smile on her face.

"Minji-ah...." Yoongi hyung slowly approached her and held her unoccupied hand.

I had tears in my eyes my wolf was dancing in joy. Seconds later I found myself hugging her. Minji and Mark entered. They had huge smile on their faces.

"You made me wait my love..." I wishpered looking into her eyes.

But something felt wrong. Something was out of place. Her eyes showed no happiness. Only confusion.

"Who are you?"

[A/N: Are enjoying it?]