Meeting my dad

That night when I cried and cried. I will never forget that night when my mom and dad were fighting wether or not to keep me. I was only 9 years old. After that my parents got a divorce and my mom took custody.

But today I'm leaving my mom to go with my dad. I'm leaving London and headed to a town named Holmes Chapel. I haven't seen my dad in 8 years and this is the first time I'm going to see him.

When I arrive at the airport his face lit up like a Christmas tree. And I on the other end thought I was going to shit my pants. This was the man that had made me cry every night. Who always told me I was a mistake and now here I am face to face with him. His expression seemed to be dull once he had seen mine.

"Victoria. Wow you've gotten so big. I've missed you so much" he had told me.

"Nice to see you you to Isaac" I smiled at him. I really don't know what to say to him. I mean its like practically talking to a damn stranger for crying out loud.

"Here let me get you bags."

"Thanks."

"Yep."

The car ride home was so incredibly awkward , I didn't know wether or not to jump out of the damn car.

"So how is Rose?"

"She's fine."

"Dad?" That word coming out of my mouth tasted bitter and sweet. I never said that word in 8 years until now.

"Yes." He answers just slightly worried.

"Are you seeing someone else?" I ask looking it the window not really wanting to know the answer.

"Umm.. Actually yes I'm re-married." Then right then in that moment my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach.

"Why haven't you ever told me?!?" Why hadn't he ever told me. why hadn't he told me before. I don't know why but I'm upset, angry almost.

"Sorry I didn't mean for me to explode on you. I really hope you can forgive me" I apologized I feel terrible for him he just meeting his daughter that he hasn't even seen in 8 fucking years and now she's trying to start a damn conflict. I just hope I didn't hurt his feelings or anything.

"It's fine really. But I'm the one who should be sorry for not telling you all of this." He simply told me.

"Can I ask some questions just so were on the same page?"

"Sure. what do you want to know?"

"What's her name? How old is she? Where do you live? Are you happy I'm here?"

"Woah. Woah. I will answer your questions one at a time. if you please."

"Okay. How old is she?"

"She's 37."

"Does she have any children?"

"No."

"Oh." Was all I could say.

"We're almost there."

"Okay."