Ch. 1: A grey, grey world

It was quite. Much like the classrooms when she's not around. A grey tasteless world it was. Not a place I'd prefer to be in, and yet here I am again. Alone.... I could only long for the company I don't deserve. But crave so deeply for. I can only cry for her name, hoping it would take me back to the bright classroom we shared together.

"Miyoko." I called retching my hand towards the ceiling like she was there.

..... As if.

I groaned out of frustration.

I stared intently at the ceiling.

"What could she be doing right now?" I wondered.

"Fujimoto." My nurse rushed in.

"Don't strain yourself, lay back down and get some rest."

"M-Miyoko.... When, can I see her?"

She paused for a moment.

"When you get released. So stay put you'll be out soon."

"When.... Will that be?"

She hesitated to answer. She gave me a look of Pity.

"I can't say for sure, but I have a feeling you'll be released sooner than expected."

"Hmm...."

"What's wrong Fujimoto?"

"It's just.... I can't wait to be released. The first thing I'm gonna do is, call her." I smiled slightly.

"I bet you would." She smiled back.

"That's all I can do..." I looked my two hands. They were red, from the cold.

"I feel so helpless knowing she's out there, alone. And her I am, sitting my lazy ass on these damn hospital beds wasting my life away. What am I good for?"

"Don't be so crude, you can see her again. Just don't rush into it once you leave. You'll need to take things easy. Don't stress over it, okay."

"Setsuna..."

"Yes."

"Thank you."

"Eheheh don't worry about it. I'm here to help you, it's my job." She smiled.

I faintly smiled back.

"I almost forgot....." She pulled out a note from her pocket.

She was about to speak, but I interrupted by taking the note out of her hand. She didn't bother speaking afterwards. Just smiled.

"I'm going to leave you alone so you can read the note."

I didn't reply. I wasn't trying to go off as rude, I guess I was just to adverse with the note. Like the note was calling to me. I didn't care about anything around me at the moment.

No words were exchanged between us since only a moment ago.

I could only faintly here to door open and close.

I open the letter quickly but carefully to make sure I didn't destroy the envelope. Then, began to read.

Note:

It's been a while since I've seen you, Koichi. Almost a year now right? Anyway, it's fall now meaning school has started. I haven't made to many friends yet. But I will try my hardest. Believe in me, okay?

It's really cold here in Kyoto. I've never had to put on so much layers in my life during fall. I was quiet flustered. I don't even want to know how much layers I should put on during the winter. But I can't wait to see the snow.

Oh I almost forgot. You always wanted to come by Kyoto right? Well I could take some pictures and send them to you. It's the least I could do, since I'm so far away. But maybe we could come here together some day. It would be fun.

I can't write for to long, I have to help unpack. But for now, stay out of trouble and make some friends.... Well, bye Koichi.

I almost forgot, I never told her I was here. In a hospital for losing my "sanity" as some people would say. But if I told her that, it would only worry her. I could never put her through such pain. It would kill me gravelly. I'd rather tell her a sweet lie, than tell her the bitter truth.

I tuck the note under my pillow with the others and lie down. I laid there quietly watching the leaves gradually fall to the ground.

I'm stuck in a grey, grey world, without an exit in sight.

___________________________

Authors note:

Ayoo people who have stopped to read my story. Probably wondering why it's labeled as a fanfic right (or naw)? Well there's an item on this game and all, and it's called "M's sketchbook" the description of this item seemed interesting, so I decided to write a fanfic about it. I give all the credit to gaiaonline for the title and idea. Thanks for reading~

Vote, share and other stuff xP