Him?

Peeta Mellark? Where have I heard this name before? Think Katniss think. Nothing came to mind until I saw him. Peeta Mellark. A dashing, beautiful young man. I REMEMBER NOW. One day, right after my father died I was out looking for food. Me and my sister we're slowly starving to death so I was out looking for some food. When I couldnt find anything I sat down by the bakery ready to starve to death. I wanted to die right there. But then I heared yelling, I looked up and saw Peeta Mellark and his mother outside in the rain. Peeta was holding a piece of burnt bread and his mother was yelling at him to feed it to the pigs. He started tearing of little chunks until his mother left, then he saw me and threw that burnt bread over to me. I was in complete shock, but I tool the bread and ran off.

"Peeta Mellark" I think. More like the boy with the bread.

Effie Trinket is now clapping and saying all sorts of rediculose stuff with that weird capitol accent of hers.

"Our tributes Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen" cheers Effie.

"Come on you two shake hands" she says.

As soon as our hands touch about a million different memories come to mind about the boy with the bread. Right then I remember he also goes to my school. After that Effie rushes us out and into the justice building where we will give our last goodbyes to family and friends. I am put in a room with a nice loveseat and a table. The first people who come to say goodbye are my mother and Prim.

"You have 3 minutes" the peacekeeper says

Prim is crying her eyes out and my mother is trying to be strong.

I give Prim a big hug and thell her how much I love her and that shes going to be ok, I tell her that Gale will bring them game and she can sell cheese from her goat. She asks me to try to win. I tell her I can. Well what else can I really do, I mean i'm not going to tell her that I wont try. After that I give my mother a big hug and give her a speech about how she cant tune out again because she's all that Prim has. She agrees that she wont. After that the guard comes in and takes them away. Prim is screaming her head off, I tell her that its ok and that I will see her soon but that doesnt stop her. After that Gale comes in. He gives me a big hug. Im in his arms when I finally say

"Im fine"

"no your not" he replys

"I am" I say

"Listen to me, your stronger then they are, get to a bow"

"they may not have one" I tell him

"They will if you show them how good you are. They just want a good show thats all they want."

"Theres 24 of us Gale, only one comes out"

"Ya and it's gonna be you"

At that point the guard comes to get Gale. I tell him that he cant let them starve. He promises he wont.