Chapter 4

Violet went to school bored, annoyed and pretty pissed off. She wasn’t extremely athletic or had huge abs but she worked out at least once every week and right now the urge to play around with a steak was tempting her. Even though she didn’t mean too, she ended up being snappy toward everyone even her friends. Then Elena had to ask Jeremy to get through to her.

“What do you want?” Violet snapped, flipping open her locker, nearly hitting Jeremy in the face. “People are worried about you, especially since you’re so moody.” Jeremy said softly like he was trying to calm her.

“Well people need to stop being worried and keep their noses out of it.” She grabbed her history book and slammed the locker door shut, walking away. “Wait up just a second Violet.” In the middle of the corridor Violet turned around and nearly hit Jeremy. “Wait For what? For someone to kill Katherine? For Damon to tell me it’s okay to be with him? What exactly am I waiting for Jeremy?” Jeremy looked intentionally sad in his eyes and he sympathetically touched Violet’s shoulder.  “Everything’s going to be alright you know, it always is then it’s not...”  He smiled and then Violet just burst into tears. Jeremy pulled her into a hug and into the girl’s bathroom where he waited till she had calmed down. She wiped at her eyes. “I’m so stupid, I’ve overreacted.” Jeremy just chuckled. “It’s hard to overreact when your sister is a vampire and your town has a group of evil vampires out to get one of your friends.” He shrugged but he was still smiling. “Thanks Jeremy.” He smiled, patted her hand and walked out.

Violet decided to leave school early that day, complain she had come down with a bug and drive home.

Damon entered the foreclosure where he heard music. He smirked knowing what Katherine was doing. “Katherine, I have a message!” He shouted. She appeared in front of him in seconds. “Well well well. What is it?”

“Violet and I aren’t exactly together any more so you can leave her alone.”

“Oh goody, I do get my own way.”

“Yeah. Goodbye Katherine.” Damon gave her one of his annoyed looks and turned to leave. Katherine stopped him and gave him one of her sad looks. She was dressed in a silk black robe and then swiftly began to untie it to reveal just her lingerie. It was bright red and lace. Damon swallowed looking her up and down. He had to do this to prove to Katherine, to prove Violet’s safety.

So Damon did the best thing he could. And had sex with her.

Violet sat on her leather white sofa in by the marble fireplace and was wondering whether to turn on the TV or not. Both her mom and dad were working so she tried to work out what to do. After an hour of nothing on the TV she heard a loud knock at the door. She walked over to the door and opened it and in the porch were her parents. Bruised and drained of blood. She felt like she couldn’t breathe. Like the entire world was restricting oxygen for her. She back away picking up her phone, she dialled Stefan – knowing she shouldn’t contact Damon.

“S...Stefan. Please come to my house.” Violet said through tears and the lump in her throat.

“Violet? What’s wrong, I’ll be over as soon as possible.”

In a couple minutes Stefan was knocking at the door.

“Your parents...” He didn’t say the rest; he’d known Eleanor and Adrian since they were early teenagers. He was deeply sad and now Violet was parentless.

“I’ll call the sheriff, see what she says. I want you to pack a big bag full of clothes stuff you’ll need for about a week. You’re moving to the boarding house where Elena and I, maybe Damon can protect you.” Violet nodded and ran up to the stairs. She picked up the patterned suitcase her mom had gotten for her to move to Mystic Falls. She packed some weapons from under her bed. Clothes, underwear, shoes, a brush toothbrush everything she could think of in her panic. She took one last look at her bed and picked up the teddy bear that Damon had held.