ch.1 The Answer Is Forbidden

Liam Payne

"Do you smell that?" Niall asks no one in particular. I shrug my shoulders and sniff the air around me, smelling something that has the scent of burning rubber--maybe carpet? I look around myself and raise an eyebrow before turning back to the lads.

"Smell what?" Harry questions, raising an eyebrow at Niall.

"Nandos!" Niall nudges Zayn's shoulder, making him drop the mirror in his hands. I shake my head at them. We're supposed to be here to bond with each other. We're a band now. One Direction! But we can't even sit here and sing pointless campfire songs together.

"So... How's life?" Louis cuts in, smiling at everyone brightly.

"Your not even funny today," I sigh, burying my head in my hands and fake sobbing. The other lads join me but Louis simply stares off into the distance.

"Want to hear a story?" He asks mysteriously.

"Depends... What kind of story?" Zayn asks, propping his mirror in his lap. I look over to Harry and Niall to see them staring intently at Louis, waiting for him to answer Zayn's question.

"Does it involve a-"

"SILENCE CHILD!" Louis screams loudly, causing everyone to cover their ears. I look over to Niall who seems to have regretted asking the question. I guess I will never know what it was now.

I'll die wondering what the question was. Everyday it will haunt me. I will have nightmares of people asking me what the question was. One day, I'll be in the Nut-House asking myself what the question was while I rock back and forth in the corner of the fluffy walls.

This question is the death of me.

"Now, listen up children! TONIGHT! WE ARE YOUNG! SO LETS LISTEN TO LOUIS!" Louis cheers, loudly enough to make his voice echo through the woods.

"Just get to the point," Niall says, motioning his hand for Louis to get on with the story. I sigh and lay down on my back, looking up at the black sky. No stars. What a lovely camping trip.

"There was once a girl named Matt. She always wore baggy pants and clothes but they were of her choice of course," Louis begins.

"Oh god. This is awful," Harry groans, slapping Louis on the face. I roll my eyes as the two start slapping each other in the face over and over again.

"So, Little Red Riding Hood?" Niall asks. The slapping noises stop and I turn my head over to the right to find everyone nodding their heads.

"But wait.. What was the point of your story?" I ask Louis.