Chapter 1: The Party

Tom was walking down the road for the batch party, he was graduated from grade 12th with a percentage of 89.45,it was not good according to him but it was way above average. His classmates and members organized a big batch party which was in a hotel cum bar. The party was on terrace and it cost Tom 650 rupees, he was wearing a simple white plain T-SHIRT, with black jeans, black and white sneakers and specks, the place was near his house so he didn't bother to take taxi.
He waited outside a house, his friend came out after 2 min and he was wearing the same clothes as Tom. His friend was a bit shorter than Tom but one could not always find the difference when they both stand together. 'Tom Grave!',he gave him half a hug. 'Kishen',Tom greeted him smiling and they both started walking .
After 5 min they reached hotel,' We are late ' Tom said looking at his watch, the time was 3:35PM.
They reached terrace by lift , there was another door, as soon as Tom and Kishen opened the door someone throwed a bucket full of cold water.
' Hey! ' ,Kishen screamed, half smiling
Tom does not gave a reaction as he was quite used to cold water.
Ted was the one who throwed water at them, Ted was Tom's friend but was not a close one, he was the one who organized the batch party. There were at least 25 people there and Tom knew each and every one of them but only talked to few.
' You are 30 min late, but still right on time, mocktails are going to be served', Ted spoke to them with a smile.
'Hello there ' , Two people came looking at Tom and then Kishen
' Hi Mark , Hi Laura ', they both said together , with smile and hugged them, Mark was another bestie of Tom , Mark , Kishen and Tom usually hang out together , Laura was Mark's girlfriend and sometimes she would hang out with them too.
After 15 min of greetings to each other, Ted stood on chair and spoke 'My Friends, thanks for coming , now let's not get too touchy with each other and drink mocktails '3 waiters came with a tray on which a green liquid was present in glass, 'Friends' he continued ' this is called grasshopper, it has no alcohol so don't you all worry and drink tight, I won't be drinking with ya because of sore throat, instead I will be drinking this orange juice which has medicine on it.' he showed his glass to everyone. The waiter served the mocktail to Tom , he smelled it, nice smell with taste of mint hit his nose.
'Friends' Ted spoke again, standing on chair ' Cheers ' he put his glass on air and everyone did same , and started drinking, Tom took the first sip, it was the best mocktail he has ever tasted, he started drinking his second glass, then third and suddenly he felt that everything around him was wobbly , the colors were spreading, the intensity of color was suddenly too much, he looked around slowly and saw that every one of them shaking, but their desire to drink grasshopper was not over.