ᴴᴵᴹ

The racers sped away, leaving a spiraling shower of sand in the air. I stood by Taehyung's side, holding onto his shirt as I nervously watched them race. He glanced over at me and slowly shook his head. "I've seen you do a lot of crazy things, but falling in love with a human has definitely topped the list."

"I was gonna tell your sooner or later." I crossed my arms with a pout. "Plus, it's not like we would work out anyways.." The sound of my voice shrunk as I looked down at the sand. Taehyung patted my back and gave me an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry Layla."

"I-It's fine." I quickly brushed it off. "Let's just focus on them winning the race. At the end of, that's what he's doing this for."

Taehyung sighed as he watched my eyes grow heavy with tears. But those tears would never leave the rim of my eyes. Not because I couldn't cry, but because I didn't want a reason to.

"Ladies and gentlemartian, this is your host Kim Seokjin and Kim Namjoon here, bringing you the updates on this Marsyears sand race!"

"Juanito Rodriguez Jeon Jungkook is starting this race off in the lead, with Mars' newest racer, Park Jimin following in second place!"

"Now Namjoon, in your honest opinion, tell us who you predict is going to win today's sand race?"

"Well—"

"WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT! THE NEW RACER HAS PASSED JUNGKOOK!"

Namjoon:

"Yes yes YESSSS!" I screamed, as Taehyung quickly covered his poor ears

"Yes yes YESSSS!" I screamed, as Taehyung quickly covered his poor ears. "Win this damn race Jimin!"

Martians in the crowd slowly looked over at me with piercing glares. "Why are you supporting some new chump. Everyone knows Jungkook is going to win, he's been doing it for the past five years." He scoffed.

"Listen here buddy!" I shouted, surprising him and his friends. "My friend out there is a professional racer, who's currently beating all the other racers assess. So if anyone's the chump, it's you!"