(Girl's side) Chapter 13: Getting the Show on the Road or Not

(Y/N) POV:

As planned, once everyone's parents fell asleep, we all headed to Daphne's place. She sent the address to our phones, so we had no trouble getting there. The moment we do get there...

"Wow," says Fred.

"OMG," I say.

"You can say that again," says (F/A/N), impressed by what he/she sees.

When we arrive, we all become amazed by what we see. I mean, none of us ever thought that Daphne and her family live in a mansion.

"Get a load of this place, eh, Scoob?" Shaggy asks.

Scooby whistles in amazement. "Francy-rants," he says.

From a distance, we see a light flickering on and off from the garage.

"That must be Daphne's signal," I point out.

"Okay, here we go," says Velma.

Not long after she says that, Velma starts to zig-zag, just like she did back at the school. We all roll our eyes at her. I get that she means well and that we're in the middle of an investigation, but she doesn't have to do that every time when we're sneaking around.

"Velma, you really don't--" Shaggy tries to say.

But Fred cuts him. "Just let her go, man,"

While Velma keeps zig-zagging, the rest of us walk normally.

"You sure we shouldn't say something?" I ask.

Fred thinks for a moment. "Pretty sure. Besides, it's better to let people do whatever makes them feel comfortable with, right?"

"Point taken," I say, sighing in defeat.

Not long after, we meet up with Daphne, and let her lead us inside of her family's garage. Once she turns the lights on, we all become impressed once again by the cars her family's got. I mean, just how wealthy is her family exactly? Heck, even Fred lets out a whistle, amazed.

"Check it out," says Shaggy.

"Seriously...wow!" I exclaim.

"Beemer. A Morgan? Oh, an MGA in British racing green?" Fred asks, naming each car we pass, excited and happy by what he sees. "So, which one's our ride?"

"Right behind you," says Daphne.

We all turn around, only to be disappointed by what we see.......Well, not all of us, at least.

"How groovy," says Shaggy.

Before any of us have the chance to ask her about the van, Daphne speaks up. "Okay, look, just because my parents are well-off doesn't mean I get everything," she says, answering our unsaid question.

"Yeah, but--" Fred tries to protest, disappointed that he won't get to ride in the stylish fancy cars.

"It's what the groundskeeper uses to haul stuff around," Daphne explains, opening the van's side-door. "When I turn 16, they're buying him a new one,"

We then take a closer look at our ride, to see if this thing might actually get us to Vice Principle Grimes' place.

Fred kicks one of the tires. "Shouldn't these things have treads?" he asks.

"Three hundred thousand miles? It's a mystery this machine still runs," Velma says, having doubts about this.

"No offense Daphe, but with this van, your parents seem to be ripping you off, if you ask me," I say, earning a nod of agreement from Fred and Velma.