ChaPter 1

This chapter contains themes of violence and abuse

Also strong language, who would’ve guessed¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FYI the italicized phrases are thoughts

The 4 year old girl quietly walked into the bathroom. She quickly turned on the bath and filled it with lukewarm water. Her dad was sitting downstairs on the couch indulging himself with bottles of liquor. The bathroom was the easiest way to hide, hide from him. She could lock the door with a legitimate reason without being bothered, and you can say it was her only place of refuge from the hell that was her life. She knew that her mother was about to come home from shopping, and she knew that hell was going to break loose again, so she hid.

The bath slowly filled with water, ‘Come on she’s gonna be home any minute!’ The ground shook as the front door was slammed close, ‘She’s home.’ The child ran to close the bathroom door as fast as she could, only to bear witness to a large slap coming across her mother’s face. Her father was furious. He threw the grocery bags that were once in Mother’s kind hands onto the counter, steam welled up and poured out of his ears.

“Where the FUCK is the beer!”

The child knew what was going to happen next, and closed the door. She didn’t want to bear witness to this anymore. Her loving mother being treated like dirt and it was all her fault. The screaming continued, slightly muffled by the closed door but still there. The bath was halfway full.

“We barely have enough money to feed our child! And YOU expect me to spend it on beer for YOU! And don’t blame me for this, YOU are the one without a job, YOU are the one that wastes what little money we have! Hell, because of you we won’t even have enough money to buy food next week!”

“You Daughter of a BASTARD! Say that to me again I DARE YOU!”

Another huge vibrabration was felt under the girl’s feet, She ran from her hiding space to the top of the stairwell to see her Mother slammed against the wall, falling to the floor.

“MOM!” The little girl cried out in worry, forgetting that her father stood there a few feet in front of her.

“YOU,” he turned and looked like a furious beast. “This is all your damn flaut! If you,.. If you- “ his voice cracked, “If YOU hadn’t killed HER we wouldn’t be in this mess! So it’s time to teach you some responsibility!” He pulled off his belt, pulling it tight until it made a huge SNAP.

The girl stood frozen both out of fear and her father’s quirk, pinning her in place at the top of the stairs. He started to walk up them. ‘I-I can’t move!?’ He was half way up the stairs. ‘I wanna run, I need to help Mom!’ He was within arms reach-

“Maybe when I’m done with you, I can sell you to some of my friends; they would love a new toy~” His arm reached out and a sadistic smile grew on his face.

“DON’T TOUCH HER!” His attention shifted, to the girl’s Mother on the stairs grabbing his arm. ‘I’m Loose!’ The girl found herself being able to move and ran down the hall.

“BITCH!” The woman was flung down the stairs and out of the corner of her eyes the little give saw it. Her mother unconscious on the bottom of the stairs, blood pooling around her head. ‘Mom!?’

The man’s face twisted when he realized what he had done. And if it wasn’t for the extreme panic the girl was in she would have seen a tear roll down his face. He lurched down the hall after the girl.

“Look What You made me do! LOOK!”

The girl made it to the end of the hall and picked up the phone, dialing 911.