Chapter 9;

When I came home, there were a few cars in front of the house. At least I wouldn't catch Zayn during sex again. Now that I knew how good he kissed and how exciting it was when he touched me, I wasn't sure if I was able to handle this. Ridiculous, but it was the truth.

I opened the door and walked inside. I could hear erotic music. The sound system filled every room in the house. Well, every room except for mine. I was on my way to the kitchen when I heard voices from the living room. I stopped dead in my tracks, and my stomach tensed up.

"Yeah, Zayn, baby, like that. Harder. Suck harder," a male voice moaned. Immediately, I felt jealousy bubble up, and that made me really angry. Because I was supposed not to care about it. Although he had kissed me, he also had run away from me in disgust and cursing after it.

I knew that I really didn't want to see what I was going to see, because I wouldn't get it out of my head after that, and yet I found myself completely drawn to the living room. I couldn't fight this urge.

"Mm, yes, touch me," the voice pleaded. I jumped at the sound, but still continued walking towards it. Arriving at the living room door, I discovered Zayn and a man on the couch. He wasn't wearing a shirt and Zayn was sucking on his nipple while his hand disappeared between his legs. This was too much. I needed to get away. Right now.

I twirled around and ran to the front door, it didn't matter if they heard me or not. Before they could even realise someone had caught them in the moment of heat, I was already sitting in my pick-up and driving out the driveway. Zayn had known exactly that I was coming home soon and yet he had a go at this man in the living room into which anyone could have walked into. It's a fact that he wanted me to find them. Kinda as a reminder that I would never have such an experience with him. And right now, it was the last thing I wanted to do.

I was driving around the city, angry at myself that I was wasting gas. I needed to save money! I looked for a pay phone, but couldn't find one. The days of pay phones had been gone. One is left stranded without a phone nowadays. I had no idea who to call anyway. Cody? I hadn't talked to him since my departure a week ago. Normally, we would talk at least once a week. But there was no way without a phone. I had Grant's number somewhere in my suitcase. On the other hand, why should I have called him? I was steering my car towards the only coffee shop around here and parked it in front of it. Here I could drink a coffee and look at different magazines for a few hours. Maybe Zayn's living room orgy would be finished then.

If he wanted to send me a message, then he had successfully done it, thank you very much! By now, I was sure that guys with a lot of money weren't for me. And the idea of a nice guy with a normal job appealed more and more to me. Someone, who liked my red button-up shirt and my silver shoes.

I could see Bethy and Jace through the coffee shop window. They were sitting in the far back corner and were seemingly having a heated discussion. At least she had met him in a public place. I decided I would leave them alone and hope for the best. After all, I wasn't her father and she was most likely older than me, anyway. At least she appeared that way. It was her own decision on who she would waste her time on. The salty ocean air reached my nostrils, luring me to the other side of the street where the public beach was. Here I could have my peace.

The swoosh of the waves that were reaching the sand, calmed me. It was starting to get dark. I strolled along the beach, thought of my mother and even let myself think of my brother. I didn't do that a lot, because it still hurt too much most of the time, but I needed distraction. I needed to remind myself that I had been through worse things than a hopeless crush on someone that wasn't my type of guy at all. I let memories of better times flood my mind...