Chapter 12;

I may not have had appropriated clothing for one of Zayn's parties, but I was perfectly equipped for a honky-tonk bar. Although my jean shorts fitted me a little tighter than I had thought. But it was okay, especially with my boots.

Zayn must have gone away while I had taken a bath, and he still hadn't come back. I wondered if his friends were allowed to come into my room during a party. I didn't like the thought that a stranger would do it in my bed. I thought that no-one else besides myself should have sex on that bed. I would have asked Zayn about it, but I didn't exactly know how to put it.

If I wouldn't see him before I left, I wouldn't have known what was awaiting me at my return. Should I plan in some time for changing the bed sheets? Definitely not a pleasant thought. Just when I came down the stairs, the front door unlocked, and Zayn came into the house. He froze at the sight of me, watching me from head to toe. Alright, my outfit wouldn't knock the socks off his kind of friends, but I hoped that I could draw some glances from the cowboys later.

"Oh, holy shit," he whispered and closed the door behind him.

Meanwhile I pondered how to introduce the topic 'stranger in my bed'.

"Uh... are you going clubbing in this outfit?" He asked.

"We're going to a honky-tonk bar. I'm pretty sure you can't comapre that to your clubs," I corrected him.

Zayn let a hand run through his short dark hair and let out a sigh, that sounded frustrated and amused at the same time. If he was going to make fun of my outfit, I would throw a boot at his head!

"Do you mind if I come with you two? I've never been to a honky-tonk bar before."

What? Had I heard correctly?

"You want to come with us?" I asked, buffled.

Zayn nodded and his glance wandered over my body again. "Yes, indeed."

Why not actually? Good friends do stuff together, after all.

"Okay, if you want. But we need to go in ten minutes. I agreed to pick Bethy up."

"I'll be ready in five." Zayn stormed up the stairs, taking two steps at once.

I stared after him completely perplexed. What a weird change of events.

Zayn came back down no five minutes later, with a tightly fitted pair of jeans and a tight black shirt with the Slacker Demon letters in white Old English letters. It was the same logo that he had as a tattoo on his shoulder. He was wearing the silver ring on his thumb and for the very first time since we met each other he had a few small ear rings in his ear lobe. Never before had he looked this much like the son of a famous rock star. His black lashes that looked like eyeliner around his eyes, added to that.

When my eyes arrived back at his face again, he sticked out his tongue where his piercing was flashing at me. "Thought, if I was mingling with guys in boots and cowboy hats, then I had to stay true to my roots. I have rock'n'roll in my blood. I don't fit into a different label."

He was grinning devilishly and I had to laugh. "You will seem as out of place tonight as I did at your parties. That's going to be fun. Then let's go, you son of a rocker," I teased him and walked to the door.

Before I even reached it, Zayn was already there and opened it for me. He could be so different when he wanted. "Now that it's going to be three of us," he said, "Why don't we take one of my cars? There's more space than in your pick-up."

I stood still and looked at him. "That's right, but if we take my pick-up, we'll fit right in!"

Zayn pulled out a small black remote from the pocket of his jeans and opened the garage gate with it. A black Range Rover with a high-polish paint job appeared. He was right. It would be way more comfortable in there.