Chapter 11;

I was sitting on my bed and ate my last peanut butter sandwich, wiped away the crums from my lap and stood up. I would have to buy a new supply of it soon.

Today was my day off and I didn't know what I wanted to do yet. I had spent the majority of the night twisting and turning restlessly in bed and had thought of Zayn and how stupid I had been. What was he supposed to do more to convine me that he only wanted to be a good friend to me? He had said it enough times. He would never see more in me, so I could cease my attempts. I could have saved my attempt at making a move on him last night. He didn't want to kiss me. I couldn't believe that I had begged him to do it.

When I came into the kitchen it smelled deliciously of fried bacon and if Zayn hadn't stood at the stove wearing only a pair of pajama pants, then I would have indulged in the luscious smell. But the sight of his naked back completely distracted me.

He shot a glance at me and smiled. "Good morning. This most be your day off."

I nodded and considered what a good friend would answer. No rule violations again! I would move out soon, anyway.

"It smells delicious!" I replied.

"Fetch two plates. I'll make us some killer bacon!"

"I already ate, but thanks for the offer!"

Zayn put down the fork and turned around to me. "You already ate? How? You just got up!"

"I have peanut butter and toast in my room."

Zayn gave me a piercing look. "Why the hell are you storing peanut butter and toast in your room?"

Because I didn't want his countless friends to eat it all up. But I'd rather not say it like that. "Well, this isn't my kitchen. So, I keep my stuff in my room."

Zayn froze and I wondered why he was suddenly so angry. "Are you telling me that when you're here you only eat toast and peanut butter? Nothing else? You buy it, hoard it in there and that's all you eat?"

I nodded, unsure why he was making such a fuss.

Zayn hit his hand on the countertop and turned to the bacon cursing.

"Get your things and move upstairs. Choose any room you like on the left side of the hall. And throw this fucking peanut butter into the trash! Take whatever you want from the kitchen, whenever you want!"

I didn't move. What had suddenly gotten into him?

"If you want to stay here, Niall, move your sweet butt upstairs. And when you come back down, you'll eat something out of the godamn fridge in front of my eyes!"

He was angry. At me?

"Why do you want me to move upstairs?" I asked carefully.

Zayn let the last bacon slice onto a piece of kitchen paper, shut off the gas range and looked at me again.

"I just want it. I hate going to bed with the thought that you're sleeping under my stairs. And now I also have the picture of you eating a peanut butter sandwich all alone, in my head. This is enough!"

Okay, so he did care for me a bit.

That was alright with me. I turned around, walked back to my room, pulled out the suitcase from under the bed and took the almost empty glass of peanut butter and the bag with the last four slices of toast. I would put these in the kitchen and then find myself a room upstairs. My heart sunk. The little room here had been my save haven. I wouldn't be this alone upstairs.

Back in the kitchen, I put my food on the kitchen counter and walked into the direction of the hall. I avoided any eye contact with Zayn. He stood at the counter and clutched it as if fighting against the urge to explode. Did he change his mind and wanted me to stay under the stairs? No problem!