The Book

Jalyn is surprised because she has never seen that book ever in her life. The book's pages were light brown and the leather cover was dark brown. This looks so...simple! Jalyn says in her mind as her fingers run through the pages of the book. "Lovely Dreams...Hm. I wonder what the title's for." Every page in the book is blank. But there is only one page with words on it which is the very first page. Jalyn starts reading from the book. What she reads from the book sends automatic chills down her spine; There's messy movement. Ups and downs. Resting my head on the window while looking at a cloud. It's shaped like a car like the one I'm in. I have to get out before I get hit. Suddenly there's a soft knock on the door. But Jalyn ignores it. There's an awkward silence between the five of us. Then I see a cloud of black dust. It comes from behind us and it's not in the sky this time. We all look back to see what it was, but before we know it a big truck hits us! CRASH! BOOM! KAPOW! WHAM! Down down down we go, we fall from the highway yes we do! Now we're all on the ground and everyone's dead! The soft knocks have turned into repetitive, loud, hard, outrageous knocks. "JALYN OPEN THE DOOR RIGHT NOW!" Shouts Jalyn's mom. "Sorry mom! Coming!" Jalyn rushes over to the door to reveal her mom with an angry face. Her large forehead vein bulges from her forehead which isn't a good sign. "Jalyn what's going on?!" "Mom I'm so sorry I fell asleep! And I didn't hear you!" Her mom gives her one more long glare before she shakes her head and walks away. "That was a close one." Says Jalyn in relief. "I should get some rest." I have a big day tomorrow. Then Jalyn remembers again..."UGGGHHH! MY CLOTHES!"