ONE. sibling taunts

—•—
CHAPTER ONE !
sibling taunts
—•—
Summary:
Alana's family teases her of still
living at home at the young age of 20.
But, her brother, Tobi, steps up to the
plate and offers a new place for her to
stay. Potentially, a more permanent
arrangement.
__________________________________

       ALANA STOOD IN THE doorway, leaning against the wood with her arms crossed over her chest. Her eyes rolled, an annoyed sigh slipping past her lips as her older brother, Tobi, began his ritual of playfully teasing the girl. The topic today was her living situation.

       "Sis, I love you, but it's embarrassing to be your age and still living under the same roof as your parents, no matter if you're adopted or related by blood," he chastises, a ghost of a smile appearing in his facial features.

       "Oh, really? I thought it was what kept the boys coming my way," Alana retorted, not as amused by this conversation as her brother.

       Magnolia, her sister, chimed in, "It's what's keeping them away from you, actually." She placed her hands on her hips for emphasis. "Tobi's right — you need a place of your own, Al."

       "I would much prefer living with moms than by myself or with someone who would just cause trouble and, or eventually piss me off," Alana huffs.

       "Why not move in with Austyn?" Tobi questions.

       "I love her, but I cannot live with her," Alana chuckles, hoping her siblings would keep that information to themselves.

       "Plus, I wouldn't be able to visit without her hitting on me left and right," Magnolia adds, giving a knowing look to both her brother and sister. Tobi nods in agreement while Alana snorts.

       "You know you like it, Mags, no need to act so hetero," Alana remarks. Magnolia rolls her eyes.

       "Whatever, have fun finding a place to live without my expertise," Magnolia hums, elegantly strutting off to find their mothers. Alana's eyes flick to Tobi's, giving an expectant stare.

       "Okay, I'm leaving," Tobi announces, lifting his hands up in mock surrender. "But, just a quick forewarning, I will be coming back tomorrow morning... Start thinking of housing options, alright?" Alana groans. "This is the only time I'm offering help, Al. Don't waste this opportunity!"

        "I hate you, bye," Alana snarls before hiding away in her bedroom. Tobi sighs, but smiles to himself as he heads for the front door. He hugs his mothers before vacating to his own humble abode.

__________

       "I hope you've got something for me," Alana speaks as she opens the front door of her mothers' house, welcoming her best friend with anything but warmth as her day seems to only keep descending.

       "Iced caramel macchiato with almond milk, as always," Austyn responds with a prideful smile, moving past Alana to make her way into the house. As if she owns the place, Austyn struts over to the living area and finds her typical spot on the couch, leaving room for Alana to sit beside her. "So, anything happen since I've seen you last?"

       "Austyn, it's been two days. You know my life isn't interesting," Alana simply replies with a monotonous voice, taking the paper straw between her fingers to stir her drink. She pauses, letting the pads of her fingers rest on the damp tip of the straw. "Did you really take a sip of my drink again?"