Arcade!Chenle

At school, Everyone knew chenle as the loud arcade kid. When he wasn't in the music room practicing piano or hanging out with the dreamies, you could be 100% sure he was with his friends at the arcade playing some type of game. The Arcade was actually owned by Jeno's dad so the boys would always come after school to have drinks, snacks and overall a good time, but they never actually used any of the games, except for chenle; he was the only one who actually played.

Chenle enjoyed all types of games, from Galaga to Centipede to Space invader, he even enjoyed playing 8ball from time to time, everything at the arcade, chenle was an expert at. On top of that he was extremely competitive (you can just ask jisung), because of this people always tried to challenge him to all kinds of games, thinking that if they won they would get some kind of popularity or even admiration. But to anyones' surpirse, they always lost. That's how they named Chenle the king of the arcade.

And here's when you come in

You were an exchange student from the states and you were new in town, not having many forms of entertainment you would often go and play games at the arcade too. You always saw Chenle and his friends there and you heard tons of things about him, how he was the king and no one could ever beat him, rumors also went around that he once beat a kid at pac-man blindfolded, he won only by listening to the sound effects. You never believed any of those and just thought the guy was really full of himself.
You were at the arcade, your typical thursday evening with your friend, when she noticed you looking over at the table where the dreamies where sitting at "Got a crush?" she asked you with a smirk quite close to your ear, which made you flinch. Only then did you realise you were looking way too much into their direction and anyone could take it the wrong way.

"Pft no, i was just distracted" you replied and hoped to all the gods out there she wouldn't ask too many questions. But of course she did. "Uh yea sure, distracted. Who is it? Mark? Haechan? Jaemin? Jaemin is way too hot, Is it Chenle? You guys would actually make a good couple considering you bo-" you suddenly shushed your friend with your hand. "bE quIeT they can hear you!" you hissed at her and she only mouthed a quiet sorry. "But seriously, he's the king of the arcade, everyone admires him. I bet he has a list of girls wanting to take him out on a date, and-" your friend rambled and rambled and you only sipped on your large blue soda, not really paying attention to what she was saying. But then a loud scream came from one of the boys, it was Chenle. He was celebrating his new high score on a game you could only recognise as Pac-man, iconic.
As your friend rambled on and on you decided to play a little game with arcade boy. You stood up and walked slowly to the group, were Chenle was celebrating. You watched as all eyes started to slowly go on you as you walked up to the machine, looking at the highest score. It read 840,000 points by ZCL. "Not bad" you thought to yourself while pressing start. At the little sound of the game starting Chenle turned around, walking up to you and tapping your shoulder. "Excuse me? Hey i was playing this game" He stated, kind of awkward that his celebration was intereupted. You turned around on the stool and looked at him dead in the eye and smiled. "Sorry, Did i step on your moment?" you asked while turning around, the game starting.
At this point everyone was shocked because new-exchange girl just went all rebel and challenged Zhong Chenle, The King Zhong Chenle. You were already playing and everyone was waiting for Chenle's reaction, but he only smiled and sat down next to Jaemin, waiting until you lost. Only that, you didin't.

"Dude it's been around 10 minutes and she hasn't lost yet, should we be worried?" asked jaemin silently so the crowd didn't hear him. It was true, you were getting dangerously close to his high-score, but they didn't call him the king for nothing, no one could beat him. "No it's fine, let her have some fun" answered chenle, earning a worried sigh from Jaemin. Time passed and passed and you still wouldn't lose. Chenle was getting scared and more scared each second that passed, each single dot you ate. And the it happened 842,000, two thousand points more than Chenle. Then you decided you had your fun and let go of the controls. You turned around and you were surprised to see the seven boys with a shocked expression on their faces. Because you managed to beat Zhong Chenle who has been practicing for years, in just a single match, in less than 20 minutes. "H-How?" Chenle asked you and you stood up and walked towards him, taking his soda from him and taking a sip while still remaining eye contact. "I don't know, luck maybe" you answered and turned around exiting the arcade, with chenles' soda still in your hands.