Two

Hard (Why Don't We)
*
I know I said I'll be your friend,
But it's too hard
*

"W-what? I'm- I'm sorry but I don't think I heard you correctly."

"Why Don't We?"

My head swam. Why now? Why after two years?

"And uh, what do you think about this offer, boss?"

"Olivia, I think you should take it. It will be a good opportunity for you to dive deeper in the music industry, and hey, it'll help you gain popularity! Besides, you're not a little girl anymore. You deserve a chance like this."

Popularity? Oh, I didn't doubt that. Especially not if the public ever found out about my relationship with... them. And anyways, I was 19. If he really wanted to give me a chance, I would be allowed to make my own decisions.

---
I stared at him, those deep blue eyes, looking right at me. I think he was saying something, but I was just too mesmerized by his beauty to really pay attention to anything else. Then someone shoved me gently, and I came crashing down from the clouds back to Earth.

"Liv. Are you even listening to us?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Of course."

Jack, who had been the one to shove me back into reality, began talking again. "Anyways, as I was saying, we are going on tour soon and..."

Once again, my head was pulled back into the clouds as I daydreamed about him. The adorable Daniel Seavey. With a voice like waves crashing into the sand, his hands strumming his guitar with the flow of the ocean. His laugh, his smile... everything.

"Hey, Liv!" He ran up to me after the meeting. "Have you started those design plans yet?"

"...Have I?" No, I haven't.

He sighed before shaking his head and laughing. "You always know how to procrastinate, don't you."

I laughed with him. "Guess so."

We fell into an awkward silence.

"Daniel?" I said, after a few seconds.

"Yeah?"

"I, um, I like... you..." Oh my God. Oh hell. I was so stupid. Why? Why did I just say that?

"Oh Liv, I... how do I say this, god."

"It's okay, I- I know you don't like me back. I just thought maybe you should know."

"I'm sorry Liv. I mean, of course I like you, but it's... as a friend."

"Yeah, of course. I get it. It's okay, really."

He gave me one last, awkward smile before turning around and walking back down the hallway.
---

I sighed to myself. Might as well do it before the public goes crazy. And, deep down, I knew I really missed them.

"Of course I'll do it. Wouldn't want to let anybody down." I smiled at my boss. Not that I had much choice.

"Great! You'll be flying out to L.A. in two days, then."

My smile faltered as he walked to his office, then faded out completely. There was no way I was going to survive this.

After a long day at work and preparations, I collapsed on my bed and scrolled through Instagram. God, there were already people posting on the upcoming tour.

This just in! Rising star Olivia Coleman to perform on a cross country tour with boy band Why Don't We!

I sighed and dropped the phone onto the bed, rubbing my eyes with exhaustion. Suddenly, as if with a strange force, I stood up and walked over to my CD drawer, where I kept all the recording of me, Corbyn, and the rest of the band. I pulled out one and stared at it. "Hard" it said. What harm could it do? I put it into the CD player and laid back down as the music started up.

*
It's hard to act like I don't think about you, sometimes

I should win an Oscar

It was my birthday

Right at the end of the night

It was the first time

He hurt you bad and you cried

Right in my arms, fell to a million pieces

Held you together, girl I know all your secrets
*

I closed my eyes and a tear rolled down my cheek as I remembered the day we recorded it for the first time. All of us were so happy.

*
I know I said I'll be your friend, but it's too hard

Hard, it's just too hard

I said I'll be there till the end, but it's too hard

Hard, it's just too hard
*

I missed him. I missed all of them.