Chapter1- Change of Plans

My life sucks.

And I'm alright with that. I'm not the only child with divorced parents, I get that. But when they mess with your life to convenience their own, to make their life easier, that crosses the line, figuratively.

"It's not so bad. Change is good, you'll make new friends," Mom said.

"I don't want new friends. I want Carey and Anthony."

Carey is my best friend, and well Anthony is my current boyfriend. Actually he's my first boyfriend and I'm not ready to lose him any time soon.

"You'll still have them, you will just see them less. No biggie." Leo pitched in for my mother's sake as well as my own.

I love Leo as if he was my birth father, I really do. He's done so much for me, I'm as grateful for him as one can be but he has no idea how wrong his last statement is.

"We simply don't have the time. Leo has his job and I have the flower shop," Mom cut in.

"Maybe John can take me to school, I don't ask him for much."

John is my biological father. He doesn't do much for me as my father so I don't see him as my father, simple as that.

"You know as well as I do that his first priority is Michael and Ang."

Angelina is John's wife, the post secretary slut he left my mom for; and well Michael is the result of their "love" is. If you ask me, he's the result of them doing the frick frack.

"This isn't fair! It's my life you're messing with. I don't want to go to a new school!"

"This isn't up for discussion. Leo and I have an appointment for tomorrow morning to go to your new school and sign all the paperwork." Mom's voice took on a hard edge and didn't waver for a single second, meaning she was dead serious about tomorrow.

I let out a high-pitched scream as I ran upstairs to my room, the high-pitched, ear splitting, fingernails dragged against a chalkboard kind of scream. Slamming my bedroom door was sure to get me punished but I didn't care. Loud heavy rock music blared out of the speakers that were settled against my wall, knowing it will annoy my parents to no degree but also helping to drown out my non ladylike sobs.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Friday morning rolled around, Mom and Dad went to my old high school, Carwell high, and signed me out only to drive to Blue Ridge high to enroll me for school.

Mom and Dad took me out for the rest of the day afterwards; Mom and I got our nails and toenails done. Mom had a foot massage to lessen the pain of her swollen feet. They took me shopping for new clothes, shoes, and a new purse as well as a new backpack. We all went out for some fro-yo for lunch and to some fancy Italian restaurant for dinner. After dinner, Mom and Dad drove me out to John's house for the weekend.

On Saturday, I went next door to see Carey. I told her about my change of schools. She understood that I didn't have a choice and we managed to get through the sudden change, going through all of the options we have to hang out.

On sunday, I saw a movie with Anthony, afterwards we went to Starbucks. While waiting on our drinks, I broke the news to him. He was obviously disappointed but he loves me enough to keep trying and work things out with the small distance that has been put between us.

That same night my Dad, Leo, picked me up from John's house. Mom was still tangled with work at the flower shop so we bought some take out and decided to help close up the shop.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

I ran downstairs, my hair dripping hair soaking up the front of my white fitted v-neck shirt. I adjusted my denim short shorts at the bottom, before lacing up my beat up black doc martens.