Chapter 5- Steam and Fists

AN- PG13 TYPE OF CHAPTER SO YEAH, HEADS UP.

♢     ♢     ♢      ♢     ♢

"So one more week till Halloween! Aren't you excited? You are coming to my party right?" Carey drawled.

     We lounged around in the living room, wrapped in fleece blankets and sipping hot chocolate. Michael sat curled up in my lap, gently suckling his thumb in his sleep. It began to pour outside this chilly Saturday morning, forcing everyone to stay indoors today. John left early this morning to work in the office on some important case that was coming up and Ang  left to do some shopping leaving the house all to ourselves.

     "Yeah, I am. But I have another party I have to go to. I'll only be there about two hours, then I'm yours for the rest of the night." I smiled. I haven't been to a party in awhile and knowing that I'll be going to two thrown by my best friend and my newest friends made me ecstatic in the least. Although they all weren't friends, they've agreed to respect our separate relationships.

     Carey pouted. "Why can't I have you all to myself? I've barely seen you these last few weeks since you've transfered."

     I exhaled slowly. "We've gone over this Carey. They are my friends too. Besides you'll be tied up for a while with a certain someone." I wriggled my eyebrows suggestively.

     A sly smile crept onto Careys lips. "Well, okay. Maybe two hours with them won't hurt so much."

     I winked at her.

     My phone suddenly started to play my current ring tone- Anthem of the Angels by Breaking Benjamin. A picture of Tony and I when we went to the beach over the summer illuminated the screen of my phone. A smile caressed my lips. I held a finger up to Carey  before answering my phone.

     "Hey babe." I answered.

     "Hey. I just wanted to let you know that I can't come over this weekend 'cause some relatives from up state are coming down for the weekend. But they'll be leaving Sunday night so I'll be yours for the rest of the week and on."

     "It's okay. I'm going to be busy all this weekend any who. I've got to start some new art pieces to present in some gala my schools having. I'll be tied up so don't beat yourself up over this."

     A soft breath of relief flooded my ear. "Okay, well I'll see you later this week then." Then he said something that made my heart constrict. "Love you babe."

     I can't get enough of hearing him say he loves me. It was music to my ears. Since our last fight in the hospital, he doesn't fail to remind me constantly.

     I smiled, but I couldn't say it back. It's not that I don't love him cause I feel like I do. But you also shouldn't say you love someone when they say it to be on the same page. I'll say it when I feel like I'm ready to say it- no more or no less. Love is not an emotion to toy with and I won't let myself stray into an unpredictable of confusion.

     "I'll see you later," I said softly before hanging up.

     As soon as I hung up, Michael stirred in my lap. "Ceecee,  I'm hungwy."

     "I guess it's lunch time for my little chubby bunny." I tickled his tummy with the tips of my fingers. "How does pizza sound guys?"

♢     ♢     ♢     ♢     ♢

"No Violet! You'll be fine, you and Tate can be together forever now!" Carolina blubbered.