4

When I wake up, I'm in real clothes, and in some sort of Medical Bay. The lights are kinda dim, and there are glass walls on one side of the room, but there's a computer screen built into a rock wall on the other side.

"Two Kryptonians was enough, but now there's three supers, and a whole bunch of evil ones?" Some guy asks, and I look at him.

"Where the hell am I?" I ask, and he walks over to me.

"Welcome to the DEO, Miss Conway, the Department of Extranormal Operations." He says, and I nod. "Is it safe to assume you and Supergirl are cousins?" He asks, and I nod again.

"Yes. We're cousins. Which is why I saved her."

"Hell of a job saving her, we had to fish both of you out." He says, and I sigh.

"So, you know my name, but I don't know yours."

"I'm Director Hank Henshaw. I run the DEO."

"Obviously."

"The DEO could use someone like you, Miss Conway." Hank says, and I raise a brow as I sit up.

"A sassy Kryptonian?"

"Who also majored in Biochemistry and Mechanical Engineering." Hank says, and I sigh.

"Why do you need me?"

"The more help we can get, the better, it doesn't hurt that you're both a Super and a doctor." He says, and I raise a brow.

"I'm no Super. I'm not like my cousins."

"Because you never saw the need to be, until today."

"I was just following my gut today."

"That's what Supergirl does every day." Alex says, coming in and pushing me to lay back down on the bed. "I also burned that skimpy Supergirl outfit for you. You're welcome. We've enlisted Winn to make you your own, actual, suit." Alex says, putting some lamps on me. "These lamps mimic Earth's yellow sun, they'll charge your Kryptonian cells and help you heal quicker. You broke three ribs and bruised three others when you caught Kara." Alex explains, and I nod as I relax, letting myself fall asleep.

-

When I woke up again, I was laying on my couch in my apartment.

"So, you saved me." I hear, and look at Kara, as she sits on the couch just past my feet. "Thank you." She says, and I grin at my cousin.

"What kind of older cousin would I be if I let you drown?" I ask, and she smiles.

"Alex also told me you were wearing Winn's first Supergirl suit he made me?" Kara continues, and I chuckle.

"I had to act fast, I didn't have time to be picky." I say, and she smiles.

"Come here." She says, so I sit up and grin as Kara hugs me tight.

"I actually really liked it." I say, and Kara laughs as she pulls out of the hug. "The flying and saving you part, I hated the suit."

"I know, right? Flying is so..."

"Exhilarating." I say, and she nods.

"Exhilarating." She repeats, smiling.

"I was offered a position at the DEO." I say and Kara nods.

"That's what Alex said." Kara says, and I sigh. "You know, I'll understand if you want to quit CatCo and go work for the DEO, secret agent life seems to be more your speed." Kara says, and I grin.

"I think I'll stay at CatCo for a little bit longer." I say, and she smiles.

"So, I saved a train, and Carter tonight." Kara says, and I chuckle.