Chapter XXI : Gauche Soiree

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE:         Gauche Soiree

            When I opened the door, the girl in turquoise dress launches herself to me, she held me tight that I can't breathe.

            I manage to tap her back and she releases me, as I set eyes on her,

            "OH MY VERAA!!" I shriek in confusion and excitement, I held her on arms length and oh my... she became sexier this time, her skin is as smooth as fur, she smells so expensive and she's radiating beautifully. Damn! Goddess Vera it is!

            "Y-you look so different this time?" holding her hand while scanning her, she flips her hair, and its golden brown, wow, how beautiful.

            "I missed you." She said to me with bright smile.

            "Yeah, me too." The only response I can manage I'm so blinded by her bright smile. She walked further to the house and flopped to the sofa with her overnight bag,

            "I missed your house." Slumping on the couch while her eyes are close. I am actually surprised to see her but it feels good having her, back.

            I sat across the another sofa I am still assimilating how her look improved then I remember Tessa, I put out my phone and search for her number, "I'll tell Tessa you're here, she'll be thrilled!" I said happily,

            "No!!" she exclaimed and I stare at her like she's just drop the bomb.

            "I mean, there's no need to tell her that I am here. I am actually not staying for long." She cleared herself, what's wrong with letting Tessa know she's here? She paced back and forth then retreat to the kitchen. As if on cue, my phone twinkled and there's a text from Tessa.

            T:         I'll be landing in an hour. See you gal J

            I froze, I know she'll be here any minute, I stare at the kitchen door, and Vera is downing an orange juice straight from the carton. She may have changed physically but she still is the brusque girl I've come to love.

            I sat at the bar stool and watch her freely move in my kitchen, it really is good to have her, she's one of the people that I love and treasure dearly, but something's up to her right now, especially when I mentioned Tessa's name.

            "What?" she asked.

            "Are you alright?" I asked concerned, she waves a hand through the air as if my concern is irritating her delicate skin,

            "Of course I am, stop with the caring stuff." She blurted, she's cool, and too cool I doubt her statement.

            I keep my eyes on her and decided not to mention Tessa's coming in a few. What is it that she's hiding from me? From us. Her best friends...

            She is eating an apple when her phone rang and scoots away from me to answer it; something really is fishy in here.

            I followed her up to the back yard but stop hiding at the door,

            "I'll be back..."

            "Stop pestering me!" she hissed, it made me my suspicion grows fonder,

            "Fuck!" was the last word I heard from her so I run as discreet as possible and proceed to the living area. I sat at the couch and opened the TV as I hear her heavy steps back to where I am.