Chapter 2 - Part 1

Hailey Smith

It is illegal to travel to other dimensions, but my brother and I still do it. "Be safe," said mother as I started to release myself from the hug. "Goodbye Mother and Father," I said as I followed Jack onto ship. I closed the ship doors and watched my mother and father's faces slowly disappear. The ship took flight into the portal. A tear fell from my left eye. I'm scared. What if we end up like the scientists and army men?

"We won't," Jackson answered as he turned to stare at me.

"Please stop doing that," I said.

"Stop doing what?" questioned Jackson as he smirked.

"Stop using Telepathic Transmission on me," I stated

"Why?" he asked with an attitude.

"My thoughts are private!" I screamed as I deeply stared into his dark brown eyes, which are beautiful in their very own way. As I screamed, my skin shifted in color. A pale, white, glowing body just standing there about to burst. I realized what was happening and calmed downed and walked away.

I walked to the sleeping chambers and sat on the pallet. I touch my back and feel the bruise. It is painful. I wish it would go away. I must not think about it or Jack will find out.

I'm tired. I would like to go home, but I know that if I do no one will be safe from A-1. I think that we will die. I might die but Jack will definitely die. I mean, what is he gonna do, read their minds to death. He is great at combat though. He might not die.

My vision starts to blur, my mind goes blank, the portals make us sleepy. I lay down and listen to the silence around me, it sounds great. I slowly drift off to sleep.

I open my eyes to be in an all white room, I see a black substance dripping from the ceiling. Eventually it is no longer on the ceiling because all of it dripped onto the floor, leaving a dark gray spot on the ceiling. I step back as I see it form into the shape of a human being. I watch the skin form on the body, an all black suit appeared over the mans nude body. I was in an all white room staring at the handsome man in front of me. As I stared at him he smirked at me while slowly taking a few steps closer.

"Hello," the man says to me in a deep, hoarse voice. As he talks, I gaze into his dark brown or black eyes. I take a glance at his stained black tongue. I wonder why it's black. "Who are you?", I asked him. I could probably get a few answers from him about some things I've been wanting to know. "I'm no one important at the moment, the who you should be asking that question is yourself. I can not help you. I will be the one to make you fall back behind your brother...." he answered as he softly rubbed my face. His skin is soft, like a babies bottom. "What do you mean by that?" I questioned in an arrogant voice knowing that it wasn't true. I'm better than Jackson, if one of us were to fall behind the other it would be him every time.

"You'll see," he says back to me in a serious tone. After he turns around and slowly gets taller. When he turns to face me, he has a face of horror. I get scared and back away from him. He steps closer to me, as he walks I hear his bones crack. Eventually he falls over, and crawls around on the floor leaving a black trail where ever he crawls. He notices me in the corner of the room and screams. He slowly crawls to the corner I'm in and grabs my foot. He pulls me up and swallows me whole. As I fall, I constantly see Jackson and the bruise on my back. Soon enough everything goes black.

I awoke to see the vibrant colors of the portal. I turn to see Jack sleeping peacefully. I could see his muscles through his dark white long sleeve shirt. His dark brown hair looks soft to the touch. He looks tiny bit older than nineteen. Maybe twenty-two years old.

I get off the pallet and rub the dark purple bruise on my back. I should bandage it before it gets worse. It'll probably go away in a few days. But for now, I'll make sure Jack doesn't find out. That means I can not think about it. I shall send a prayer to our God Nelyalov and ask for Jackson not to find out what happened. "Powerful and Almighty Lord Nelyalov, I am praying to you for help. I would like to know if you make sure Jackson doesn't find out about what happened to my back. Please and thank you,"

Beep Beep Beep!

The alarm is going off. I see Jackson rise from his slumber. "Is that the patrol guard alarm going off?" Jackson asked. "Yes, get ready for some combat Jackson," I said to him in an excited voice. I walk out of the room to the control area. I look out of the window to see three patrol ships. Each ship has about five to six guards in each ship, all we have to do is shoot them down without getting shot once. The ship is very unstable and single shot can cause the ship to explode.

I grab the transmitter and shout. "Hello, put down all of your weapons and walk away from your control areas!" I commanded through the transmitter. Jackson then pulls the shooting lever and pulls the trigger, shooting all of their ships causing them to hit the damaged parts of the portal. Rule No.76 of Traveling Through Portals, Do Not hit the damaged parts of the portals, it'll create a black hole. I watch as the black hole starts to form.