Death.

Sup guys. I love depressing fanfics for some reason and I felt like writing this. So yeah, this is the most depressing thing in this book, and it's in Tony's perspective. And it's not a field trip one shot. So yeah hope you enjoy!

How? How am I supposed to do this? What am I doing? I shouldn't be holding a bouquet of flowers right now? I can't even think straight.

Peter, a kid that looked up to me, a kid who I was supposed to watch, died right before my eyes. And I couldn't do shit to save him. What the actual fuck am I doing?

Let me throw these away, this isn't even the right context for this. Why am I staring inside the trash can? Yes, the flowers were red, blue and white. They were Captain America themed. I just had to mix them around and yeah. Spiderman themed flowers.

I notice a drop of water go in the trash. What the fuck am I doing. I should just get an agent-, No I need to do this. I turn from the trash and make my way back to where I stood. Each step is like a bullet towards my heart. I really don't know how to do this.

May has to know. But how do I even go at telling her? Oh your nephew just died before me. That sounds so bitter, even in my head.

Ever since I got back, I avoided the press. Cuz they'll ask on Spiderman too. Though the truth is, I'm not ready to tell that to the world, let alone tell May.

It's Saturday so yeah, she's home. But still. How would I tell her? The kid was a ball of joy. Yeah he watched stuff that was old as fuck, but he was always so hyper.

He was a beacon in the superhero world. Spider-Man trends online. And his death. I don't want to imagine.

I put my hand up, reaching towards the bell. It's shaking so much. It feels like it's getting heavier and heavier. I put my finger on the bell, but it's like a trigger to a gun. I can't push.

I then softly rest by head against the door. I need to tell May. Myself. She shouldn't hear it from the news. After all it's my fault the kids dead.

I then lift my head and take a deep breath. I'm going to do this. I'm going to tell Peters aunt. I then push the doorbell and immediately had an urdge to run. I instead stepped back. The floor suddenly became so interesting.

Then the door opened. There stood May. I look up to see her so distressed. This wasn't the may I met years ago. The look said, she knew.

"Tony" she said sounding slightly relieved. "Where's Peter or Spider-Man?"

I froze. I looked her in the eye and opened my mouth. No words came out. Instead I shook my head. I then look back at the floor.

"No" she said. I heard a clap over her mouth. I then stepped forward and she hugged me.

I felt water build up in my eyes and steam down my face. "I'm so sorry" I said.

She started crying hard. I honestly didn't care about the suit. She had a right to anyways. I don't know how long passed, but I didn't dare stop her from shedding the tears. Eventually she stopped and stood in front of me, then cleared the doorway and lead me in.

"How did he" she couldn't finish the sentence.

I sat down and kept my head down. I told her how Thanatos wiped out hafe the population. How Peter disintegrated. How there was no way to save him.

Then came a question that I didn't even consider. "Was he in pain?" She asked.

I remember how when quill and the others died, the just disappeared. No pain and nothing. But then Peter on the other hand. He was begging me, telling me how he didn't want to die.

'I don't want to die' the phrase repeated in my head, in Peters pained words. His eyes red, and he probably felt it. He was the only one there who felt their death.

I was speechless. I then cupped my face in my hands and started crying myself. May has the right to know the truth. But it would break her. Well even more.

I muttered a soft yes into my cuffed hands. She then started crying too. "How? What happened?" She asked.

How do I tell her her nephew begged to live, but still died. "He was the only one who felt his death." He said softly. He still couldn't face May.

"Only one?" She said between sobs.

I lifted my head and looked at the TV. I could see her distressed reflection. I immediately bring my head down. "Everyone disintegrated peacefully, all execpt Peter. He" I couldn't finish the sentence.

"What?" She asked. "What happened to my Nephew." She asked.

"He begged to live in his dying moments." Tony chocked out.

A wail came out of May. That stuck me hard. I couldn't take it. I then burst out into even more tears. I wanted to tell Friday to send a suit, but couldn't.

I just sat there for I don't know how long and then heard May chock.

I immediately started patting her back, helping her breathe steadily. "Breathe" I kept saying.

Luckily it got back to normal, and then I asked her if she has a friend she could stay with. She nodded and picked up a phone. I wasn't going to leave her alone. And I'm not good when it comes to being assuring.

I then greet her goodbye when her friend arrives. I left my number there if she needs anything. I then take one last look at the apartment and leave.