THE DOMINANT SERVANT

My first encounter with a creepy monster occurred at the age of eleven during summer vacations when I was visiting my friend Andrea Lodge aka Andy. Her parents welcomed me warmly and served me my favourite dishes. They were really great guys and let us do whatever we liked. We spent our days playing in their garden, watching movies, playing video games and reading story books.

Everything was okay or rather awesome- the foods were great, the parents were, except for Mr. Michael Techno .Believe me or not he acted a lot like a robot. At first I thought he was doing robotic dance but finally found out that he was like that. Andy said a few miles away from there were a beautiful village and Mr. Techno lives there. A few weeks before, he had gone to his village. After he came back he was doing that creepy dance.

Basically, everything was fine since I chose to avoid Mr. Techno but, sadly, I landed up at the wrong place at the wrong time. I witnessed something that increased my heart rate and curiosity with leaps and bounds.

One day while were playing a video game Andrea and I thoroughly wanted to have some cold-drinks.

After a few seconds of argument I went down to bring cold-drinks from the freezer. Mr. and Mrs. Lodge had both gone out to their respective offices. I went into the kitchen and opened the freezer when my eyes fell on Mr. Techno. He was sitting on a chair with his back towards me. I was about to turn around and go when I saw something that reduced my longevity by three days.

His right hand was near the switch board on the wall and two of his fingers were inserted into the charging points like a plug!

I went closer and peeped into the room. The switch was on! My mouth fell open.

My trance was broken by the sound of the alarm of the freezer which I had left open. Mr. Techno jerked his fingers out of the socket and was about to turn around when I took a long step and was back in front of the freezer. I acted as if I had seen nothing and stood there with an innocent face.

'Miss Dashner, close the door of the freezer.' he ordered.

'Yeah sure, I was taking out a bottle of cold-drinks. Can you give me two glasses? Andy and I want to have it.' I said.

'Go upstairs. I'll bring two glasses.'

'Okay, thanks.'

Then I rush up the stairs taking two at a time. I reached the top and busted into the room.

'What's wrong?'Andy asked, 'Did you see a ghost or something.'

'Mr. Techno...'I started, 'he is a ... a...'

I heard footsteps near the door.

'What? What is it?'Andy asked impatiently.

'Shhh....! Don't talk!'

Just then the door opened and Mr. Techno came in. his eyes were scanning me. It seemed as if he was piercing into my brain and reading my thoughts. I looked away instantly.

He placed the two glasses on the table and turned to go away.

'If you need anything just call my name.' he said.

'By the way what were you doing downstairs? Dash (my nick name) was saying....' I interrupted Andy.

'We'll call you. You can go now.'

Mr. Techno went out but I couldn't hear the footsteps fading away. I could bet that he was standing outside.

'What's wrong?' Andy asked.

'Nothing at all. ' I lied and changed the topic of conversation.

That night during dinner I could feel Mr. Techno's eyes following every movement of mine. Although the food was good but I wasn't digging in like other days.