VAMPIRES SUCK (NOT THE LITERAL MEANING)

My first encounter with creeps and psychos occurred at the age of 11. After that some incidents occurred that were not great and about those I'll write on some other day. So anyway for a few years when nothing noteworthy(except some) occurred I started to believe that finally my life was becoming normal till I was sixteen and in my high school.

The school, Golden Missionary High School was located at an isolated part of the country but it was one of the best schools. It was a boarding school and I had lot of fun during my stay there.

My room-mates were Andy (yes, the Lodge one), Emma Carrie and Susan Lee aka Sue. We stayed in room number 307 of the girls' hostel. My closest friends were these three girls and Jude Law, a guy.

Andy and I had known each other since we were kids and if you remember we also had an adventure together.

Emma was a short and sweet girl. Her eyes would be always shinning like diamonds. She was a computer-genius.

Sue and I had a lot of differences yet we were friends as we both had a same outlook- BOYS ARE ALIENS.

Now you guys must be wondering how Jude could be my best friend. Well, you remember the fragile doll that a relative gifted you not knowing that you hate dolls. Then you somehow started loving the doll and always kept it close to you fearing that someone might break it. Jude was the fragile doll gifted by God. He was gay and was considered as a curse by his family. His family sent him away so that they could avoid him. When I first met him he was....... Well, that's another story. Maybe, some other day. Anyway, Jude was somebody I couldn't dare to hurt or let anyone hurt. I was protective about him, probably possessive too. He was the only person for whom I could sacrifice without thinking even once.

And that's where the story starts.

I broke Chris's nose because he and his gang was calling Jude names and obviously I got punished. The group had tried to beat me and they too got punished.

To avoid newspaper headlines like "MASSACRE IN SCHOOL" our principal gave me the punishment of arranging books in library after covering them with transparent book covers and punished Chris and his gang by making them do gardening which included waking up at four in the morning. He thought that I'd hate the job but he was wrong. Imagine a book-lover getting the library keys and the permission to visit library whenever he or she wants. That's like a bibliomaniacs' dream come true. So I was enjoying my punishment thoroughly.

So one night while I was arranging books in the library I found a hundred years old diary belonging to someone named G. Robinson. I forgot all about my job and started reading it. It was an encyclopedia about vampires. There was vivid description about their appearance, behavior, strengths and weaknesses. As I read I felt that some of the students of our school looked like vampires. Then I started imagining about the things that would have happened if they really were vampires and dozed off to sleep.

In the morning I was woken up by Sue.

'Wake up, sleephead!' she shouted.

I woke up with a start. She pulled me out of the library and we went upstairs. Emma and Andy had already left for breakfast. I went into the bathroom and after sometimes when I came out I was totally ready to face the day.

I had my breakfast with my four friends. Then we went to our class. We were as usual chatting about anything and everything when our class teacher entered along with a boy. As soon as they entered the classroom was filled with gasps and words like 'hot', 'handsome', 'cute' etc could be heard.

'Students,' our teacher called, 'This is Felix Perrie. He is new in our school. Hope you'll like him and be friendly.'

If it would have been just another boy or girl then the bullies would definitely had been 'friendly' but Felix was a different case. His appearance was enough to make all the guys insecure. There was an empty seat near Jude and Felix sat there. After that period as I had expected none of the bullies came up to show their 'friendliness'. Felix started chatting with us. He asked our names and Jude started introducing himself. I looked at him and then words from G. Robinson's diary started floating in the air just like BBC's SHERLOCK. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my thigh and my trance broke. Emma was stabbing me with a pencil. I realized I had been staring blankly at Felix for long enough to make him uncomfortable.

'She is Angela Dashner. You can call her Dash.' Jude tried to manage the situation.

Felix gave a smile which clearly indicated – STAY AWAY CREEP!

We sat together for the first four periods and then there was the tiffin break. We went down to the hall for lunch. As I was filling my plate with food Jude came and stood by me.

'Don't you think Felix is attractive.' he commented.

'Yeah a bit maybe.' I said.

'Don't lie! You were gaping at him.'

'No I wasn't. I was thinking. He doesn't seems......you know....'I tried to find the right words.

'Earthly! I know. He seems angelic.'

'No. Not like earthly or angelic. He doesn't seem like......okay.....better to say normal.'

'You mean he is abnormal'

'Yeah, kind of.'

'You need glasses,Dash.' He said in vexation.

'Maybe not.'

'Look at the heart melting smile.'we looked around and saw him helping a girl with her plate. 'He is such a gentleman.'

'Not my type.' I said turning around. I almost shouted out when I dound Felix right by me.

'Woah!' I exclaimed.

'Come on ,Jude.'he called and took his hand as they walked.

Jude tripped on someone's foot and the plate slipped out of his hand. Before it could touch the ground Felix caught it.

'Be careful.'he said in an over caring manner.

'You okay,bro?' Andy asked.

Suddenly my vision was blocked. This time I could see 'speed' and 'great reflexes' before my eyes.

I placed the plate on the counter and rushed out of the hall with my bag. I went to the washroom and splashed water on my face.then I stood leaning against the wall for sometime. I brought the diary out of my bag.

'Dude, what are you doing! You are freaking me out. I need to place you back in the shelf. You are bad!' I said.

I went back to the hall. Felix was sitting with my friends. I sat down facing Felix and the words started appearing again blocking my vision. I tried to ignore it but couldn't.

'Stop that!' I murmured.

My vision blurred and the words danced in the air. The voices around me grew louder and disturbing until I banged my fist against the table and shouted at the top of my voice silencing everyon.