Aster

My heart blooms at the sight of your warmth, your light, your radiance. As if I was the morning glory and you were the sun; you were the light of my life, and you were the cause of my death. When you set out and your radiance escaped, I face the cold arms of time as, befitting of the name, I love for eternity. I love in vain.

Perhaps I looked at you as a blue rose; you were different from all the shades of red around us, you were the only one I could look at in the flowerbed. Perhaps you were my blue rose; I longed for you, even if I knew my desire couldn't be fulfilled, even if I knew it was impossible to acquire your unattainable affection. Perhaps the only way I could be yours was if something was different, something had changed.

And I wonder, was I the innocent daisy you picked up fondly with hands so gentle? Was I your Freya amidst the foggy modern world, or were your eyes already clouded at our first gaze?

For all I know, maybe I was your daisy. Maybe your vision dimmed and, consequently, I looked more like a chrysanthemum?

Were you my goldenrod, as with a twirl you bring to me joy and encouragement? Perhaps you were my goldenrod, as, before I realized, you've invaded my life as a whole - almost like a weed. Your looks like marigold, your smile as the petals that I've looked at so dearly. Who knew such treasures were fatal?

At every turn, a different flower. Alas, you've left yellow carnations in our flower patch and nothing - no one - else. And I wish, I truly wish, that you had noticed the buds of Aster at the corner of it all. 

Oh, how I wish you would stare at it with the thought of me.

F L O W E R    G L O S S A R Y

Morning glory - the flowers bloom and die on the same day; symbolizes love and mortality

Blue Roses - as the flowers are not made naturally, it is considered a symbol of desiring something unattainable

Daisy - commonly known to symbolize innocence

Freya - the goddess of love, beauty and fertility; is commonly associated with daisies

Yellow Chrysanthemums - symbolize rejection or neglected love

Goldenrod - although the flower represents a lot of positive symbols and advantages, it is also considered a weed to others

Marigold - although can symbolize passion and imagination, is also associated with death and fragility 

Yellow Carnations - symbolize unrequited love

Aster - symbolizes regret