Prologue - Intruder

Beautiful thin bodies in lovely dresses, fluttering in the air creating magic with every move they made. Every jump, every spin, every hand and leg movement seemed as if those on the stage were not humans, but fairies. Beautiful, enchanting, mesmerizing fairies who spoke and told their tales through ballet.

Beautiful.

Ballet was more than a dance. It was art. It was wonderful art that spoke with elegance. It was spoke more to her than a painting.

Yes, to her, it was art. An art she loved, and art she craved. It was a forbidden art, though. She was forced to abhor it. But her love for it was as intense as a lover's passion.

She twirled and twirled, jumping in the air at a certain low height as the evening Sun glowed behind her through the windows. Slow and soft tunes of a piano played through her phone, on a chair beside her school bag, which had a loud speaker. It made her feel like she was on stage, performing for a large audience, all there to see her.

She tuned everything out as her leg went up perfectly behind her. The world, her life, her school, and her family were out of her head. The only thing Maori had in her head was the music that moved her body.

Her dark blue mini-skirt flew with every twirl. Her dark tie, which she kept on since it didn't bother her much, was loosened on her white shirt. She was completely alone, basking in her temporary freedom. School hours were up except for those who stayed behind for club activities. But no one would come here. There was much space for her to move around in the desolate class since she moved all the chairs against the wall.

Her thin waist turned when she put her slender leg in front of the other and raising her hands above her head. Steadily, she brought the front leg behind her and, like a professional prima ballerina, spinned on her toes of her one foot. The world didn't spun for her. She closed her eyes, engrosssed in her dance.

For the finale, she halted and faced the Sun, legs apart and tilted, slowly moving down with her hands up. With one foot supporting her, she sat down while the other leg was straightly pointing in the other direction and one head was still in the air as the other went behind her head.

A satisfied smile played on her lips. Her dance was perfect. If someone saw it, would they think so as well?

Silence filled the room as soon as the music stopped playing. That meant that her time was up. It was time to go home. She stood from her position and stretched her entire body. It felt good.

However, she had a feeling that there were a pair of eyes staring at her. It was just a gut feeling, but she turned around anyway when she thought she heard a sigh that didn't come from her.

Her blue eyes widened with shock for there were a two glowing green eyes blankly staring at her. A boy with golden hair stood looking at her, leaning against the door frame with a fist under his chin. It took him a whole minute to realize that she was staring back at him. The boy smiled sweetly at her.

"Hi."

But the girl remained unfazed by it. The only thing that caught her attention was that he was there and he had seen her.

Damn!

She cursed mentally. She felt her world crumble at being discovered. Her heart raced in agitation. Sweat poured down from her face. She moved like a robot to her school bag and phone. She put her phone in her bag and slung it on her shoulder. Then, slowly and uncomfortably, she walked to him.

He was slightly taller than her as he had to bend his head down a little. She looked him in the eye and had a scared expression on her face.

Now what do I do? She asked herself.

Without having any other plan, she ran like a cheetah. He watched her, his eyes wide, dumbfounded at her action.