Chapter 1 - I just want to talk

The bustling energy that arose from the school in the next morning was just like any other day. Halls were filled with students in classy and neat uniforms. The only time silence had entered these halls were when had taken place for all. It was by then that she was more relaxed but would grow impatient with the tapping of her foot.

The only thing that circled in Maori's mind was that she had to a quick run for it.

She had already found out today within seconds of who that blonde boy who caught her dancing was.

She was by the water fountain, having a cool drink in her dry mouth as friends from her class talked beside her.

"You know, I listened to that new album you told me about."

"Really? Did you like it?"

"I loved it! His voice is so sexy in it!"

"I know, right?!"

Endless idle chatter continued to pass through her ears without care. Her only focus was how nice the water was. Until then, one of her friends, out of the blue, said, "Hey, Maori, why is that guy staring at you?"

She coughed and spitted the water, wiping her mouth with the cuffs of her white sleeve.

"W-what?" She stared, wide eyed.

Her friend pointed with her index finger. "There's a boy over there staring at you."

Maori looked to where the finger led and saw from a distance in a crowd of students a dashing young boy with golden hair that was like sunshine itself and green eyes that resembled green emeralds. There were more boys beside, talking, but he was the only one not paying attention.

Oh shit!

She glared at the boy and, once the boy realized she was staring at him back, he smiled pleasantly, revealing his pearly white teeth, as he waved at her.

Maori now screamed on the inside. She wanted to scream out loud but she controlled herself.

"Do you know that boy?" One of her friends asked as they watched him wave.

"Nope," Maori immediately replied in a split second, "Never seen him! Never met him! He's probably not even looking at me!"

"But he is. Is he your boyfriend or something?" the other teased.

But Maori became hostile. "I told you I don't know him! Let's go now!"

She turned and started to walk away. Her friends tried to catch up to her. The blonde boy only watched her leave disappointingly.

"Hey, is he your stalker that your running away from him?"

"S-s-stalker!?" She panicked. "No, he isn't! He definitely isn't!" I hope he isn't. "I just had to much coffee, that's all!"

"Hm, hey, isn't he that national junior fencing champion?"

She stopped and appeared puzzled as she looked back at them. "Junior fencing champion?"

"Yeah, I'm starting to remember now. His name is Max and he's pretty popular. He's in the same year as us and started fencing since he was ten and trained under his great uncle who was also a great champion fencer."

"Why do you know all this?"

"Everyone knows it. They wrote about him in the school newspaper."

By then, the bell had rung. Maori pondered over how she didn't know about a fencer in their school since there were many kinds of talent in their school, along with the various races, religions, and communities. Then again, she never read the school newspaper much as it didn't interest her. As she continued to think about it, she found herself alone. Her friends must have called out to her but, seeing that she didn't respond, they ditched her. She walked herself to class with her backpack slung on her shoulder.