Chapter 1

[Edited: 8/26/20]

Monday, April 15

Bakugou's P.O.V

I yawned, not bothering to cover my mouth. I walked down the hallways of U.A. High heading to homeroom. It was April 15, five days from my birthday. I smirked, knowing those idiots who follow me around calling me their friend was going to make a big deal out of it. I was only a couple feet away from my classroom when I heard a sobbing voice say.

"How are we going to tell him?" I paused in front of the door before slowly sliding it open. A sad, gloomy aura hung over the class. Some expressions were downcast, while others were crying. Round face and four eyes stood in front of the class. She looked at me and started crying.

"Oh, Bakugou." She cried, walking over and gripping my shirt. I was starting to get seriously pissed. I grabbed her hands, pulling them away from my shirt and squeezed them.

"What-the-hell-happened?" I asked, stressing each syllable.

"He's gone..." She whispered.

"What the fuck are you talking about? Who's gone?"

"Deku... No, Midoriya Izuku, he's dead." I let go of her wrists as she fell shakily to her knees. My eyes shot towards the desk that belonged to the damn nerd; It was empty. He'd never miss a day of school even if he was sick.

"The hell just because he probably has a bad case of the flu doesn't mean he's dead," I scoffed, shaking off the idea that he was dead. "Trust me, I've been trying to kill him for years, but he's like a cockroach. He always comes ba-." A loud slap resounded throughout the room. I felt a small sting on my left cheek. That BITCH!!! SHE SLAPPED ME!

"How could you think I would lie about something like this?" She yelled, running past me.

"Wait, Uraraka!" Four eyes yelled, chasing after her.

I growled, stomping over to my seat. I sat down and rested both of my legs on my desk. Everyone gave me sorrowful pitying looks that I couldn't stand.

"WIPE THOSE DAMN TEARS OF YOUR FACES AND QUIT SPOUTING NONSENSE. DEKU ISN'T DEAD." I yelled. He couldn't be, it wasn't possible. He was Deku, after all. Even if he was, I wouldn't care. Heh, why should I? This was probably just some prank they were pulling.

Deku will probably walk in late for class, having no idea of the joke this class full of idiots are trying to pull off. I sat back, waiting for class to begin. A couple of minutes passed when the bell rang. Aizawa-sensei usually came in at the last minute, but when the door slid open, All Might was the one who entered. His expression was solemn as he stood in front of the class and cleared his throat.

"As you all might've heard your fellow classmate, Midoriya Izuku has... passed away." His next words were a blur. I stood up and stomped towards the door. I wasn't going to sit and listen to this nonsense.

"Bakugou." All Might called.

"I'll be back when you lame losers are done with your jokes." I slid open the door. Aizawa-sensei was leaning on the side of the wall. He made no sign of stopping me, so I continued out of the classroom and down the hall.

------

I rested on the side of the school building. I sat on the ground against the school building. I stayed there until halfway through 2nd period when I heard footsteps approaching. I didn't bother to look up, I knew who it was.

"Young Bakugou," All Might began. "I know Midoriya's death is a lot to take in, but-." I stood up and faced him.

"To hell with all of you. I'm not playing along with your jokes." All might looked me dead in the eyes with a look that said he wasn't messing around.

"I assure you this is no joke." He said lowly.

"So what if the nerd is dead? What's that got to do with me." I asked, looking away. "I hated the little shit." All Might sighed, shaking his head.

"Bakugou, let me ask you a question." He paused. "What was the reason you hated Midoriya?"

The reason I hated Deku?

"Because an insect, like him, really thinks he can get on my level."

Even though he's always been above.

"Always spouting nonsense about becoming the number one hero."

It could've been possible.

"Never giving up knowing he'll never reach his dreams."

That's what made him admirable.

"And that stupid smile he made despite knowing he'll never be anything."

Too bad, he could've been something.

It pissed me off how my feelings almost always contradicted my words and actions. He's never been above me, he could've never been the number one hero, nothing about him was admirable, and he would've stayed a little nobody. I refuse to let my feelings tell me differently.

"Young Bakugou." All Might began, setting his hand down on my shoulder.

"The feeling you've confused with hatred is fear."

Fear?

"That overwhelming sense of pride of yours caused you to push down the love you felt for your precious childhood friend and to fear his determination and growth. Fear that steadily turned into hate. I just hope that Midoriya's passing will open your eyes and help you reflect on your past actions and attitude." I smacked his hand off my shoulder.

"Tch, I don't need to reflect on shit." I began walking back to class. Who the hell does he think he is, talking like he knows me. I stopped in the middle of the hallway. Precious childhood friend... he was something like that to me once, huh. The bell rang, breaking me out of my thoughts. What the hell was I just thinking?

Author:*Looks at story* Smh, look at all them errors, the biggest being that this story exists. This book is going to be a short one with 7-8 chapters like this one. This book is a special thing I'm doing for Bakugou's birthday, which is on the 20th of this month. The last chapter will be posted on this day as well. *Cries* But it's not like anyone other than my friends will read this.

Well, whoever does please enjoy.~