Chapter 3

Wednesday, April 17

3rd Person's P.O.V

It was lunch break for the first years of U.A. Instead of the usually hustle and bustle of the lunchroom there were whispers surrounding  class 1-A. No one outside of their class knew about Midoriya's death, but the class's grief carried. All the other classes could do was to speculate why class 1-A was in the dumps. Bakugou sat at his usual table with his 'friends', Kirishima, Kaminari, Sero, and Mina. They tried to get him to eat, but he told them to "Screw off".

He was lost in thought, thinking about how he should feel about Midoriya Izuku, his childhood friend who he hated for  so long. The one he bullied and made fun of. The one who was now dead.

"Bakugou." A monotone voice called. Bakugou looked up to find Todoroki standing at his table.

"I need to speak with you." Before Bakugou could ask why, Todoroki began to walk off expecting him to follow. Bakugou growled getting up to follow Todoroki. The boys stopped in the halls of U.A. far from the cafeteria. Both stood on opposing sides of the hall.

"Get straight to the point. I don't ha-."

"I blame you for Midoriya's death." Todoroki stated coldly, his face not hiding any hate or detest for Bakugou. Bakugou was shocked at Todoroki's statement.

"You don't know how Midoriya died." Todoroki pointed out. "I'll explain."

*Flashback*

A green haired freckled boy briskly walked down the crowded streets of Japan. He was on his way to pick up a special gift for his childhood friend, Bakugou Katsuki. The boy, Izuku Midoriya entered the store where the gift was, paid for it and was once again on his way. Midoriya held the slightly big black bag in both his arms internally squealing. He knew his childhood friend would love the custom made gift, but not if it came from his own hands. Midoriya's relationship with Bakugou had been damaged over time. 

Bakugou would never take a gift that came out of the hands of the boy he dubbed "Deku". Despite this Midoriya couldn't let go of his feelings for his childhood friend. Midoriya walked across the street lost in thought.

'I just wish I could give Kacchan this gift myself' Yelling from people on the sidewalk broke him from his thoughts. Before he knew it he was hit by an upcoming vehicle.

*Flashback over*

"What!" Bakugou shouted in disbelief." He died because he didn't look both ways before crossing the street."Todoroki stayed silent.

"How is that my fault." Todoroki shook his head disappointed.

"Because he died thinking of you. Getting a gift you wouldn't have been thankful for. He died clutching that bag. I hoped you'd feel some sort of sadness knowing this, but you're to cold-hearted." Todoroki walked closer to Bakugou standing only a few inches away.

"Do you want to know what his last words were."

"Kacchan." Bakugou frozed. Todoroki turned and began to walk away.

"H-hey!" Todoroki stopped to look back. "What was in the bag?" Without answering Todoroki continued to walk away. Bakugou slid back against the wall. He still couldn't believe Midoriya was gone. It didn't feel real. After everything that Midoriya went through to get to where he was, Bakugou couldn't believe he was killed in a car accident.

------

Bakugou's P.O.V

I tightly clutched the strap to my school back that rested on my right shoulder. I pulled out my  keys as I walked up the porch to my house. A thought crossed my mind while looking down the street at the rows of houses. Deku only lived a couple of blocks past the corner.