13

"Kook?" A deep voice echoed across the room, jeongguk turned his head to the side to take notice of a slim figure sitting on the chair, paint spread fingers frozen halfway through the painting. 

The said figure stopped whatever he was doing, wiped his hands with some clean towel before reaching out to jeongguk, whom he was purposefully avoiding all this morning. 

Jeongguk stared blankly at him making his way through the empty tables and chairs.

Taehyung was avoiding jeongguk since morning. He was well aware about the latter roaming around the whole art corridor searching for him. But taehyung, on the other hand was scared. After spending the whole night thinking about how he felt about jeongguk. They just met once, so he was surely afraid that jeongguk's intention was to get inside his pants. A playboy like jeongguk never would care about his feelings nor give a damn about their relationship. He was surely afraid that he would remain a target for the latter after-all. 

So when jeongguk finally found him, right on the room where he decided to spend the rest of his break just to avoid the younger, he sighed.

"Taehyung, I need to talk to you"
Taehyung sighed as he stood in front of the brunette. He nodded his head, allowing jeongguk to speak up.

"Taehyung I want to say that-"

"Jeongguk, I know what you're trying to say. But I'm not signing myself for a heartbreak" jeongguk was surprised to hear these words from taehyung, the blonde was getting the wrong idea.

"No taehyung that's not what I meant-"

"No jeongguk. That's all I can get from this. And trying to lead me into a meaningless relationship and dumping me after your satisfaction isn't what I want to get myself into. So get it through your head, I'm not a toy to play around. I don't wan-"

"TAEHYUNG LISTEN!" jeongguk was desperate and more taehyung rambled on how he can't get into a relationship with jeongguk, the more he loses his confidence and the more he becomes afraid to let out his emotions. 

"Listen to me for once, taehyung" he places both of his hand on the latter shoulder as if it would help him convince the other.

"Taehyung I know you don't even trust me because we met just for once, but I want you to hear me out and I'll let you decide, okay" taehyung nods his head slightly, giving a cue for jeongguk to continue.

"Listen taehyung, I had always known to not do commitments or relationships, and I never cared about it. I tried changing it by dating certain people, but nothing changed, it just got over by me breaking their heart after roughly three months of being together. And that brought up many stories among people and many of them were false, but I ignored it as none of them concerned me then. I never commit myself to anyone, but after meeting you, I don't know, I want to change what I thought about myself. I want to give myself a try, I want to give us a try. I never liked anyone before, maybe that's why all these emotions are crazy as hell. I just feel like, I want to know more about you, and want to spend more time with you and do all of those romantic stuffs they shows in movies. I know you don't trust me enough, but I'll to promise you that you'll forever be safe in my arms and all of your concerns will be regarded. Knowingly or unknowingly I would never ever try to break your heart. It's okay if you don't feel the same way as I do, I'm ready for a rejection either way" jeongguk chuckled nervously, taehyung's cute giggles could be heard following his. Both of them smiled knowingly, not wanting to move anywhere, but remain in each other's company. And that gave jeongguk some reassurance that taehyung isn't going to reject him afterall.

"So taehyung, how about you fulfill what you owe me?" Jeongguk asked softly, both their bodies moving closer to each other, foreheads now touching each other.

"What is it?" Taehyung asks back.

"Will you take in the privilege of going to a not so romantic date with someone as clumsy as me?"