I pushed any thought of the woman to the back of my mind. I would deal with that later. Right now, I needed to focus on this project. I had finished tying in the last sentence when Mr. Simmons approached my cubicle and demanded my project. I showed him it, and he was fairly impressed. He dismissed me for the night with a pat on the shoulder and a smile. I thanked him and went home, glad to finally get some sleep. I got home and flopped down on my bed.

"I'm so tired from that stupid project." I groaned.

Do some research on that woman. Maybe you can find something. (continue reading 6)

Go to sleep. You still have work tomorrow. (continue to 8)

I did some more research, but found nothing new. I looked out the window to see the sun rising steadily over the horizon. I decided to drop it and wait until the police found the killer. I was an office worker, not Sherlock Holmes. The morning came like every other day, and I went to work. My boss was approaching select desks and handing out papers, I assumed he was giving out new projects until he came up to me. Solemnly the man handed me a pink slip and walked away.

"Guess I'll just live in the streets then. Not even a week's notice, mate. No, no because you're the big bad boss and you decide who gets the pay around here!" I shouted in fury. I grabbed my desk items and stormed out.