Chapter 9

She wouldn't stop pacing. She kept doing it, mumbling things under her breath. Louis was sitting on the bed, watching his girlfriend. "Caitlin." Caitlin didn't answer, still mumbling. He sighs and stood up. He grabbed her arm. "Caitlin."

Caitlin looks at him, fear in her eyes. She was scared of two things. One was her sister, who hadn't been seen. The other? The baby. But she couldn't bring herself to tell Louis about the baby though. "She's gone, Louis."

"Hey, we will get her back. Okay? We are getting her back." He says. Caitlin nods, fear still in her eyes. Louis sighs and pulls her in for a hug. "We will. I promise you."

Caitlin nods and pulls away. She smiled lightly at him. "Thank you, Louis."

Louis smiled. "Anything for my princess."

Caitlin rolls her eyes and walked away. She walked outside, where everyone was waiting. “What do you wanna do?” Clementine asks.

“I don’t know. We don’t even know where they are.”

“They?” Midnight raised an eyebrow.

“Delta. Their leader Lilly wants to take us. Make us soldiers.”

“So, how do we find them?”

“A boat. On the river. That’s where they’ll be.” Lucas says.

“How do you know?” Midnight asks.

“We did business a lot with them. Well, my mother did.”

Clementine looks at Caitlin. “Okay, I’ll take a few people. We’ll go and check it out.” Caitlin nods. “Okay. Violet, Louis, Willy, and Aj. We’ll go check it out.”

Caitlin was in her room, thinking. “How far along are you?”

Caitlin looked over at Midnight, who was standing in the doorway. “Excuse me?”

“It’s obvious. You’re clearly pregnant. So, how far along are you?”

“I don’t know. A month? Two?”

“So, why haven’t you told your boyfriend?”

“You ask a lot of questions.”

“Trying to get to know you. Everyone here seems to respect you. So, are you going to answer the question?”

“I can’t tell him.”

“Why? Not father material?”

“No. He would be an amazing dad.”

“Then why not tell him?” Caitlin didn’t respond. “Oh, it isn’t his.” Pause. “Who’s is it?”

“He’s dead.”

“Sorry about that.”

“Sorry? Why are you-” Caitlin realized what she thought. “I didn’t cheat on him!”

“You didn’t?”

“No!”

“Then- oh. That’s why you can’t tell him.”

“Yeah, that’s why.”

“Does anybody know?”

“About the pregnancy? Clementine.”

“And about the…?”

“Kenny, Jessica, my siblings, Violet, Aasim and Omar.”

“How are you gonna tell him?”

“I have no idea.”

“A party?” Caitlin raised an eyebrow.

Ruby smiled. “A party!”