What happened...? \Prologue/

It was a late summers day, a small child was playing in the front yard of her parents house when she noticed something...odd. There was a tall, thin, scary man was following the nasty old lady from down the street into the alley next  to her house. A puzzled look brushed across the young girls face as she looked up to her older brother, who was playing with her. His face was also riddled with curiosity-and they both left the safety of the front yard and down towards the alley where the couple were. 
As they followed, there was a loud scream and a thud-the sound of something hitting the floor-and footsteps headed straight for the siblings. Panic set in, and the girls brother pulled her into a pile of rubbish as the man looked around, cleaning what looked like blood from a knife. Covering his sisters mouth, the boy whispered in her ear;

"When I say, run back to the house and get mum and dad. I'm gonna follow this guy. Will you be ok?"

The girl nodded her head and waited patiently for her brother-no, her protector-to give her the signal to get their parents. When the tall man started to walk away, the brother nodded and the sister ran back towards their home...but the man heard her, and started to chase her. 

"STAY AWAY FROM HER!" 

The brother screamed, jumping out from the hiding place and tackling the man to the floor-whilst his sister ran into the house and grabbed her parents;

"MUM DAD COME QUICK!"

The parents sprinted to their feet and followed their daughter to the front yard-where the son was fighting to get the stranger off him-only to fail...
Just as their father started to run towards the fight-the knife the man had plunged into the heart of the fighting teen-causing his dad to stop dead in his tracks; the mother to scream; the daughter to stand, shocked and the man to abandon his knife in the dying boys chest and run for the hills. When the father finally reached his son, he held him in his arms and cried as his son slowly died in his arms.

"D-dad...don-ugh-don't blame her...ple-please! I told-told her to ru-run..."

"It's okay, son. I know...we will never blame her." 

"Ca-can you get her?" 

"Honey! Sweetheart, your brother wants to say something to you..."

The child slowly walked over to the boys, kneeling down next to her dad.

"Hey lil' sis-sister...you be-be good for mum and dad, ya hear? They wi-will look after you, I-I love you. Alw-always..."

And poof...he was gone.