Night full of stars

Diarmuid's POV

The next day I felt much better but I wasn't able to stand up from the bed, because of of my still aching upper body. That's why I needed the help of others. It really annoyed me not to be able to do things on my own but I couldn't help it.
So I was lying on the bed and starred at the ceiling. Lost in my thoughts.

How would it go further if I was on my feet again? I don't want to go back to the holy order again. Not after all that happened. But what other choices do we have? For him it wouldn't be a problem, not to go back, I think. He stays by my side wherever I should be. But the other problem were the feelings, which grew stronger inside me with every hour that passes. I don't know how much longer I can't hide them. Of, course I was afraid to tell him, because I couldn't assess his reaction. The feeling of helpless was overtaking me more and more.

I couldn't think further when the door suddenly opened. He was walking into the room, sat down on the bed and handed me a grilled fish. With his help I sat up to eat the delicious smelling food.

While I was eating I noticed that he was watching me closely. I felt my cheeks were getting hot and tried to hide my face as best I could.

After I finished the meal I handed him the wooden board, where the fish was on it, back.

He put it on the floor and turned himself back to me. There was a look on his face I never saw before and I could swear that he blushed slightly.

"I was thinking about what we are going to do after my wound healed up?" I looked at him with curiosity.

He reached out his hand and softly placed it on the left side of my chest over my heart.
At first I was confused about his action but than I understood.

"You mean I should listen to my heart, right?"

The mute nodded with a smile and put his hand away from my chest.

Silence filled the room. I really don't know what to say. But then a question which made me curious appeared in my head.

"Did you ever love someone?" I asked uncertain about his reaction.
He looked at me obviously surprised about this untypically question. But nodded slightly.
Now I was the one who was surprised, because I never expected that. I really wanted to know more about it but I of course knew that he couldn't tell me.

We looked at each other for a few moments before I decided to get some rest. I told him and he carefully helped me to lay down again. Then he left the room.

I was thinking about the whole situation until I fall asleep.

When I woke up again it was already dark outside. The moonlight shone throw the window and lightened the room.
I tried unsuccessfully to get up three times before I finally made it. I groaned at the strong pain that suddenly spread in my lower abdomen. But I ignored it as best as I could and made my way towards the room door.
Quietly I opened it not to wake up any people and stepped outside.
The warm night air swept around my body and filled me with a sense of freedom. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and enjoyed the intensive moment.

When I looked around I realised that this village was built on a cliff. But because of the darkness I couldn't see so much at first from the surroundings.

I'm curious what it looks like in daylight.

When my eyes got a little used to the darkness, I realized the outlines of something which was sitting on the edge of the cliff.

Slowly and quietly, I approached the shape. But suddenly it jumped up and raised a sword. Out of sheer terror I stumbled and fell to the hard ground.

I could feel the wound was bleeding and started to hurting again. But I focused myself on the, I now clearly saw that it was a man, what he was going to do next.

But he dropped the sword to the ground and kneeled down to me.

Than I realised that it was him and I instantly calmed myself down.
I felt a angry expression on his face and I couldn't blame him for it.
He lifted me in his arms and stood up.

"No, please I don't want to be in this room alone again. Let me stay with you outside here. I begged with a husky voice.

He hesitated for a moment, but finally turned around and sat me carefully down on the edge of the cliff before sitting himself next to me.
To make sure that the wound didn't bleed too much, I pulled off the garment that I was wearing. But since I couldn't see any blood on the towels despite the darkness, I got dressed again.

"Everything is okey." I said as I noticed his concerned face. But he moved closer to me, wrapped an arm around my shoulder and squeezed me tightly to him. I felt my heartbeat speeding up and my cheeks started to getting hot. Luckily he couldn't see it, because of the darkness.
So we sat there in silence and enjoyed the view of the starry sky and the sound of the sea.

I want to stay this forever.

But soon the tiredness took possession of me. I let my head sink into his lap without thinking about it.

I love you

Those were the words that I thought I heard, but was sure that my mind was playing a trick on me. Before I could think about it I already was in a deep sleep.

• • •

A/N: I' currently writing on two other stories. So if you are interested check them out!

☆ Fifty shades of Evanstan

☆ Wrong love feels right

Byeeee

~ Helix