Chapter Three

Her hair was in a messy bun, a glittering tiara symbolizing her royalty. Her silver eyes were brought out by dark eyeliner and a smokey eyeshadow. The teen's lips were painted a dark pink and her cheeks were covered in a light blush. Her makeup was only a part of her beauty. The dress was stunning. A long black mermaid gown clung tightly to her body, showing her curves. A diamond necklace hung around her neck and a matching bracelet twinkled on her left wrist. The girl wore black high heels and even though she looked like a goddess, she wore a frown.

My reflection was looking back at me, sadness hidden inside. Today was my 16th birthday and in a few seconds I would step out for my banquet.  Yesterday was a complete and total disaster. I refused to glance at my Father after the incident and he was upset when I did not speak to him. My Father hates being ignored, one of the traits I recieved from him. He was angered futher and said "If you cannot find a husband tomorrow evening I will choose for you.". He stormed off and was not seen for the rest of the day.

A knock on the door made me snap back to the present. "Princess, it is time." A servant said, poking her head through the door. I sighed and took one last look into the mirror. "Might as well get it over with." I mumbled and picked up the skirts to my dress, passing the servant and heading to the stairs.

I took a shaky breath and stood at the top stair. Below I could see my parents, a smile on their faces. Behind them were dozens of noble boys and girls.  "And the Lady of the evening, Princess Pandora." A man announced and I put on a smile, slowly walking down to the guest.  "If you cannot find a husband tomorrow evening I will choose for you." My father's words rang in my head as I stood beside my parents. "Let the party begin."