7

~Isabelle Hardy~

I didn't know how to feel. Max had been with Anastasia for well over an hour, which only made me more on edge. I hadn't been able to concentrate on any of my work, instead I had just sat silently in my office while my head span around in circles. My boss hated me and still thinks I slept with the hotels main client. Said clients ex is currently swanning around the hotel, calling all the shots. Wasn't my life a shit show at the minute.

Answer, yes.

I could hear commotion outside of my office but I didn't bother moving. I wasn't in the mood to deal with any bullshit right now. With any luck, Amy would have it under control. "Isabelle, problem" she said bursting into my office. I sighed and reluctantly moved off my comfy chair and headed out to the lobby. What I saw in front of me wasn't what I had expected. Anastasia was shouting very loudly at Max. Pushing him and pointing at him furiously. He'd saved my ass today, maybe it was my turn to repay the favour.

"You're fucking some hotel whore" she spat annoyed. "Miss Scott, would you and Mr Knight like to take this somewhere a little more private" I asked stepping besides her. "What happened to us being exclusive" she spat viciously, completely ignoring my plea. "You slept with my best friend. Besides we were exclusive not in a relationship Ana. And whatever we had ended before today" he growled. "Right, would you two stop" I said with authority. They both snapped their heads in my direction. "Thank you. I think you should both go and discuss this somewhere quieter" I said calmly, as on lookers went back to their own conversations. I glanced at max and gave him a reassuring smile, however I realised that may have not been my brightest idea. "It's you isn't it" she seethed as she jabbed my chest. "Don't touch her" Max said stepping in front of my body. "How chivalrous. Protecting your new play thing. You won't last as long as me whore. I was his for four long years. I bet you'll get dropped after four weeks." She spat annoyed. "Amy can you get security to escort Miss Scott back to her room" I said stepping away from the argument. Not wanting to spend a minute longer with people judging me, I strode as confidently as possible back to my office. Closing the door, I leant up against it before slowly hitting my head on the solid frame repeatedly in frustration.

As my head began to pound from it's bashing, I sat down once again. Normally, this is where any other human would call a friend, a family member, maybe even an acquaintance but it appeared I had none of them to depend on. Stephan was still under the impression I was sleeping with Max, Marco obviously hated me, my members of staff also swept up in the drama. No one believed me and no one knew me enough to know I was telling the truth.

Surprisingly, Max didn't follow me into my office like I had hoped. He probably had work to do for the gala, a phone call to make to an important businessmen whose daughters heart he'd just broken, or perhaps a broken ego to fix. I didn't blame him for seeking solitude to lick his wounds I'd have done the same.

Moments later a light knock sounded on my office door. "Come in" I called expecting Amy to be needing me again. Instead I was greeted by Fran's delicate face. "Oh Fran, Sorry I wasn't expecting you" I said fanning my cheeks lightly so that my blotchy skin would fade. "I came to check on you" she said wearily. "Surely it should be the opposite way around considering this morning" I said giving her a half smile. "After the day you've had, I think it's about time someone checked how you were" she said softly. "I'm ok, honestly" I said putting a brave face on. "You don't need to do that" she said giving me a sympathetic smile. "Do what" I said ignorantly. "Pretend you're ok. You don't need to do that in front of me" she smiled warmly.
"My professionalism has been questioned repeatedly today, I'd hate to add 'cries in front of clients' to my list of profanities" I sighed as I began to scratch the nail polish off my fingers. "I'm sorry about Ava. She has such a big mouth and she really is caught up on Ana. She dotes on the woman. Heaven knows why, she's the fakest thing I've seen since Barbie released that film in the 80s." Fran said joking, making me crack the smallest smile. "Don't apologise, I'm sure Ava has her reasons for liking her" I shrugged. "Yeah tonnes of presents at birthday and Christmas. Ludicrous, she actually buys Ava more than I manage too" Fran said clearly trying hard to start the conversation.