~4~

1 pm and zero sleep. She didn't come home.  

Ken got up from the couch and threw on the same outfit he wore yesterday, but different shoes. He slowly walked out of the building and on the way bought some coffee. People on the street wanted to approach him and ask him if he is okay. 

He doesn't look in order: puffy eyes, a beard soon to be seen, shaky hands from too much coffee and trembling lips. He pulled out his phone to see that he has called Nancy over 30 times last night and left even more messages. He isn't paranoid in his opinion. He is a crime investigator and the first thing that pops in his mind when a person doesn't come home or isn't picking up the phone is homicide. Nancy does have friends and those friends have phones, so if she wanted to contact Ken she could've. 

He walked into his office and grabbed the files. He flipped through them and remembered all of the information about the suspects that he is questioning today. He needs a new approach. He can't think that everyone is innocent and let them choose who is most likely to stab and choke a person.

''Not even going to greet me?'' Larry moved his glance from the computer. ''Dear God, what happened to you?!'' He didn't blink.

''I just had a bad night and morning.'' His voice, on the other hand, showed no emotions.

''Did you sleep? What happened? Don't tell me that this case didn't let you sleep? Ken don't go back to your roots.'' Ken threw the files on the table and lifted his sleeves. His old watch caught the sunlight and the leather became lighter to the eyes. He got that wristwatch for graduating high school. He hasn't taken it off since.

''It is not the case, it's something personal. My old roots are buried and won't be coming back up.'' He scratched the upcoming beard and continued. ''Enough about me. Today I am questioning, Lilly Camen and Jillian Patrin. Do I need to know something about them, before I go to the investigation room? I am kind of in a hurry so make it short.''

''They're a couple. Lilly is the best friend of Victoria while Jillian just came as a plus one. Both of them told the same story since they were allegedly together during the tour of the house.'' He passed a muffin to Ken, forcing him to take it. 

''Thank you.'' And took a huge bite. ''See you later.''

Ken took his notebook and walked out of his office. He isn't thinking straight and just needs something to occupy himself with so he doesn't think of Nancy. The suspects came early and greeted Ken very calmly. He first chose to talk to the boyfriend since he knows less of Victoria in his opinion. He sat across him and analyzed him from head to toe. 

Jillian looks like your normal big town man. He wears tight jeans, flannel and a basic white
T-Shirt. A little old trend he is trying to follow, but it goes good with his golden-brown hair and green eyes. He has many bracelets on his wrist from concerts and many tropical destinations. Ken found this man fascinating. 

''I am investigator Ken Fareel.  I will just ask you a few stuff regarding the night Victoria Kosser got killed,'' Jillian just nodded. ''Great, please tell me was this your first time meeting Victoria and what was your first impression of her?''

''Yes, it was the first time I met her. Lilly, my girlfriend, brought me to the party as her plus one. When we entered the house, Victoria greeted us with a wide smile and shacked my hand. She looked pleasant and friendly.  We were walked to the living room and I also meet the others.''

''Did you notice anything weird about her attitude or the behaviour of other guests? We are thinking one of them is the killer since there were no signs of a break-in.''

''Honestly no. Everyone was really nice and it was a comfortable atmosphere.'' 

The guy seems to relax for a questioning of a murder case. Yes, you should act like this because you know you're not the one who killed her but that doesn't make it right. This is a person's life that is close to your girlfriend, not a random person that we heard about on the news.